This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

aftermarket 12 Volt Head lights

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Larry in WNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14005

Re: aftermarket 12 Volt Head lights

Postby Larry in WNY » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:42 am

Those look like the same type you can buy from Tractor Supply from China. They are sealed so you can't replace the bulb in the future. Originals updated to 12 volt is the best long term option in my opinion. But it's your tractor so it's up to you. I would keep the originals for the next guy if you decide to sell it in the future.

Larry

What I mean by "sealed" is, the plastic light housing is hard molded plastic with the bulb inside the plastic. There is no rubber seal that I could see. I purchased two of these lights at Tractor Supply for my MF 65 and took them back. One did not work out of the box. When I found the bulbs were not replaceable that was enough reason for me to return them. Just what I found. To each his own.
Last edited by Larry in WNY on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:27 pm

"They are sealed so you can't replace the bulb in the future." That "rubber" housing probably has enough elasticity to permit changing the lamp.
Luck favors those who are prepared

olebluegrassboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 42378
Tractors Owned: 48 Farmall Cub, 55 Farmall 100, 35 10-20 mc cormick
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby olebluegrassboy » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:09 pm

I would have refurbished lights if I had them, but you can't get junk lights for what I spent on these. The ones I bought do have replaceable bulbs. I cut the bulb number off the box and hung it on my pegboard, but haven't had to replace one yet. I have no idea how much the bulbs cost or how much trouble they are to change. For me, I need my cub to do work and I needed lights, these lights took care of that need, which made me happy. Like John said , if I wanted a tractor for show, I wouldn't be knocking my muffler and headlights around with tree limbs.
Dale
"It's better to regret the things you've done than the things you didn't do."
Still can't help to think "Wish I hadn't of done that!"

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13143
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub Low Boy w/ FH Mott Flail Mower
1953 Cub w/ sprayer and 54A blade (Chompers)
1954 Cub w/fast hitch (Ira)
1948 Cub ( Papa Paul)with Henderson loader..
1951 Mutt mix Cub (BattleAx
1950 Farmall Cub (basket case demo)
Cub parts tractor
2019 " KuB"ota 2601 loader and roto tiller
1951 Ferguson TEA 20 (parts)( Uncle Rusty)
F/H Disc Harrow for cub L-38
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower
Universal tool attachment with disc hillers..Rear cultivators (various tips
York Rake for Cub home made
Single bottom Plow for Cub F194
Gravely 5660 12 hp/ w snoblower.rototiller,bush hog
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby pickerandsinger » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:01 am

Harbor freight, same light 7.99...
In Memory of 58,286

Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bus Driver » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:27 pm

The topic is 12 Volt head lights-- to be sure.
As far as I know the Harbor Freight lights are available 12 volts only. Those seeking 6 volt should shop elsewhere. For those who may have a burn-out of a 12 volt unit, the HF unit may possibly have the equivalent lamp of yours. The $7.99 might be lower price than just the lamp alone from some other sources. So the HF unit might be a donor for the lamp for your different housing. Perhaps it is worth investigating.
Luck favors those who are prepared

Return to “Farmall Cub”