This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Deluxe Seat Arm Rests

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

If you have a deluxe seat, do you have arm rests on it?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:42 pm

1. Yes
25%
2. No
75%

Total votes: 63

coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Deluxe Seat Arm Rests

Postby coppersmythe » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:48 pm

no armrest on the loboy . alright Harold , your not holding out on me ? :lol: coppersmythe......................................

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:32 pm

I find this pool hard to believe,
i just do not think 1 out of 3 have armrest
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:37 pm

Super A wrote:I've never seen these armrests before I started following the forum.

Al

Al you have a good Idea as to how many cubs and 140s I have with the deluxe seat and I only have 2 with them, and I installed them!
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:27 pm

Boss Hog wrote:I find this pool hard to believe,
Does seem kinda high as a percentage but 13 of 39 isn't really a very large sample. Of those 13 with armrests how many have been restored/redone/refurbished/repainted? I'll bet most of those had the armrests added as part of the gussying up and didn't originally have them. If you're getting a new seat cushion and back it's only a few more dollars for armrests. Or it could be someone is trying real hard to come up with a present that's Cub related that you don't already have. :||):

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:37 pm

Boss Hog wrote:
Super A wrote:I've never seen these armrests before I started following the forum.

Al

Al you have a good Idea as to how many cubs and 140s I have with the deluxe seat and I only have 2 with them, and I installed them!

I agree! It wasn't that I just hadn't ever seen them, I didn't even know they existed!

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 70737

Postby redfin » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:40 pm

Down south , I have had none with the armrests installed.

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:00 pm

Boss,

No reason not to believe the results of this poll, however, there is no reason to generalize the results of the poll to the general population of deluxe seat Cubs. The steps necessary to do a study whose results could be generalized the population are many and some are complicated.

Suffice to say that you can believe the results of this poll, as a true picture of the 54 self-selected people that responded to the poll. I'm confident that you're right in suspecting that actual population of Cub with deluxe seats has a much lower percentage that have armrests.

Oh, the joys of statistics. :) :) :)

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:04 pm

Bill Hudson wrote:

Boss,

No reason not to believe the results of this poll, however, there is no reason to generalize the results of the poll to the general population of deluxe seat Cubs. The steps necessary to do a study whose results could be generalized the population are many and some are complicated.

Suffice to say that you can believe the results of this poll, as a true picture of the 54 self-selected people that responded to the poll. I'm confident that you're right in suspecting that actual population of Cub with deluxe seats has a much lower percentage that have armrests.

Oh, the joys of statistics. :) :) :)

Bill

Definitely no way to generalize to the population of interest!

I have to take my final oral exam for my Ed.D Thursday. I was hoping to not have to think of any of this rubbish until then!

The old statement "there are lies, damn lies, and statistics" is very true...

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:17 pm

Super A wrote:... I have to take my final oral exam for my Ed.D Thursday. ... Al

Good luck Al. Got your silver dollar? Our tradition was that the student palmed a silver dollar to his major professor when they shook hands after successfully completing the oral exam.

Have fun. :) :)

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

ToddW
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 54911
Tractors Owned: -
1951 F-Cub
1960 Yellow Loboy
Despeeder, FH Rototiller, / FH York Rake, FH plow, 152 Disk plow, Woods brush mower, Wagner Loader, Grader Blades, 23-A Disc Harrow. Spike tooth harrow
FORD JUBILEE with Sherman 12-speed
1953 Ford F-100 Jubilee
Cadet 108 with mower and snow thrower -Cadet 1650 with deck and thrower

Postby ToddW » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:59 pm

Getting into my loboy with fast hitch, and deluxe seat (no armrest) is acrobatic enough and I'm 5"10 167lbs.
No need to make it even more difficult with armrests :lol:

Thackery
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Thackery » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:15 pm

2 Lo-Boys with Deluxe Seats, one with, one without. (Arm Rests that is)

The one with arm rests, the upholstery is trashed on the bottom, back, and arm rests, matches the rest of the tractor in unrestored very weathered condition so I believe them to be original.

Actually when I bought the Lo-Boy that was the first time I had ever noticed arm rests on a deluxe seat at all.

I also agree with everyone else that a Lo-Boy is terrible to get on and off. I am a small guy 5' 8" about 150 lbs. The best part about that is, that I can climb up over the back to get on a Lo-Boy rather than come in from the side. One of my Lo-Boys has a loader on it too, that really takes away side mounting.

Thackery
1953 Cub, Sickle Mower, 42" Mower, Cultivators, 189 Double Plow, 54 Blade, Grader Blade
1968 Lo-Boy w/1000 Loader, 1957 Lo-Boy w/FH, FH Disc, FH Potato Plow.

Return to “Farmall Cub”