This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Background color

How do I.... ?
Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Background color

Postby Dan England » Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:38 pm

I am unable to retain a color other than yellow. On several occasions, I have gone to profiles, selected a different color and checked submit. If I go to the Farmall Cub forum, my newly selected color is present. However, the next time I am on board the color has reverted to yellow. I must be failing to complete the process, but I don't know what I am failing to do. I recall that others have also had this problem. Can someone tell me how to retain a selected color? Thanks, Dan

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby jim turner » Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:45 pm

Dan I selected the blue & silver and it has stuck :shock:
Jim Turner

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:45 pm

Dan, did you click on submit after you made your change?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:53 pm

Dan,

In order for the site to remember your settings, you have to have cookies enabled.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Dogman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dogman » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:16 pm

won't change color till you log in

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Background Color

Postby Dan England » Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:14 am

Yes, to most of the above. I do log in, select desired color, and click the submit button. I am not sure whether I have enabled cookies, as I am not familiar with this term. It is my understanding that the computer will retain info after cookies are enabled. Is this correct? The computer retains and lists the number of messages which I have posted. Would this indicate that cookies are enabled? If not, could you walk me through the process with cookies? Thanks, Dan

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:24 am

Cookies are little information bits that are exchanged between your computer and the web site for identification purposes. If the site is remembering your password cookies are enabled, if it won't remember you they probably are not. Cookies are enabled differently depending on what browser you are using. In Netscape click on Edit, then Preferences, then Security, and enable cookies. Suggest only enabling cookies that get sent back to the originator. That cuts down on sites that are piggybacking to send you adds.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:50 pm

On Explorer, I think most recent versions of Windows are similar, here's how to enable your cookies. Click on 'Tools' up top. Choose 'Internet Options'. Choose 'Privacy' tab. Click on 'Advanced'. If there's a check in the 'Overide auto. cookie handling' box, click on it to remove it. Then click 'OK' to close all those pesky windows and you'll have fresh cookies delivered to your computer.

Got milk?

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Background color

Postby Dan England » Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:39 pm

I am now getting the blue background color which I wanted. Thanks to each who offered advice. Dan

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Re: Background color

Postby Dennis » Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:06 pm

Dan England wrote:I am now getting the blue background color which I wanted. Thanks to each who offered advice. Dan

I changed it to the default. Now, if anyone really liked the yellow, you'll need to change it back in your profile!
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”