This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I'm stuck in reverse!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Billpa
10+ Years
10+ Years

STUCK IN REVERSE

Postby Billpa » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:02 am

Jeremy
Diesel has more lubrication in it but dont put any presure on the transmission with it in there it will wear the gears .
happy trails

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Clem
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48463
Tractors Owned: 1956 FAST HITCH CUB
MODEL 10 CUB TRAILER
2 1950 Demonstrators

Postby Clem » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:36 am

Good observations Ralph. My cub had no gasket and was full of watery gear oil.

a24kgoldphoto
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48439

Re: I'm stuck in reverse!

Postby a24kgoldphoto » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:10 pm

Just reread this thread again the #$%^&* SHIFTER IS STUCK REVERSE for the 4th time in a month any ideas on what to replace to fix this? fluids all changed and while all are dirty with lubricant nothing appears broken hoping tho plow snow this winter but not if the shifter is going to be such a PAIN.

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Hengy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:01 pm

Check the alignment of your shifter forks and for play in them. If they are worn, they can allow the shifter ball to pop out of the forks. Also check the shifter ball to make sure that it is not worn. One other thing to check is the "H" pattern on the bottom of your shifter. If one of the prongs is broken off, it will allow too much side motion in the shifter. Basically there must be too much slop somewhere in order to allow the shifter to come out like that...
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

a24kgoldphoto
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48439

Postby a24kgoldphoto » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:33 am

WELL YOU WERE RIGHT! Found the 1st/reverse side has both pieces cracked/broken in different places tightened up after realigning and got it back to the shed any ideas on how to replace this piece... Does it require splitting the case or is there a way to move the rods far enough to get the piece in?( looks like not to me...) I'll start searching for a part and how to install it ASAP.

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cecil » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:38 am

There is enough room to move the shaft rod towards the rear. Be careful not to loose the poppet ball. Cubs are noted for broken first reverse shifter forks.

Return to “Farmall Cub”