This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cute little Cultivator

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
leerenovations
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74857
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick Farmall Cub (Farmalice), 1949 Ford 8N (Red), Unidentified horse drawn road grader with 8 ft moldboard.
Circle of Safety: Y

Cute little Cultivator

Postby leerenovations » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:12 pm

I was at one of the local antique stores last weekend and found a cute little cultivator in real good shape. The tag on it says its a David Bradley cultivator. Im guessing it was for one of their walk behinds. And for the price of $20, I carried it home. I widened it to its widest spacing and it works great behind my Cub. Since Cub cultivators are scarce in my woods, this will do. I just have to fabricate a lift system or some kind of lever to control the guage/ transport wheels from the seat. The one I bought looks just like it came out of the store brand new.
Tractors are like watermelons: the RED is good and you throw away the GREEN.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Papa's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 31553
Tractors Owned: 1966 Int'l Cub, C-2 mower 2005 Farm-Trac, 7ft Harrows and Box blade 1976 Int'l Cub, Woods 59 mower, Turn Plow, Full set of cultivators, Harrows, 174 Planter & Fertilizer unit 1953 Farmall Cub,full set of spring cultivators, wheel weights,
PTO belt pulley, snow plow and misc parts.

Re: Cute little Cultivator

Postby Papa's Cub » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:49 am

And where are the pictures? I like to see pictures! Good luck on the fabrication of a lift system. Papa's Cub, aka Tom.
If you always do what you've always done -- you'll always get what you've always got!

leerenovations
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick Farmall Cub (Farmalice), 1949 Ford 8N (Red), Unidentified horse drawn road grader with 8 ft moldboard.

Postby leerenovations » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:02 pm

Forgive my afterthought, I totally forgot abuot pics, Ill have to take some in the morning.

Dusty B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61736
Tractors Owned: '45 SC Case

Postby Dusty B » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:20 am

Looking forward to the pics - have a David Bradley walk behind (Dad's) w/cultivator - curious to see how you've modified it!! Ours got lots of use! Dusty B
Grandpa's '41 B
'56,,'57,'59, Cu'b
'45 C
'55 Case S
Dad's DB garden tractor
'48 DeSoto
'31 "A Coup
'79 Lincoln TC
God looks out for those of us who don't know how to look out for ourselves!

welderrx
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub Fast Hitch 68 Lo-Boy 66 Cub Cadet 125 100 Manure Spreader Wagner Loader

Postby welderrx » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:14 pm

You should get a David Bradley 2 wheeler to pull it, one of the best made, most useful pieces of equipment I have.T.J. :D
Blue Mountain Antique Gas and Steam Engine Association

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:01 pm

welderrx wrote:You should get a David Bradley 2 wheeler to pull it, one of the best made, most useful pieces of equipment I have.T.J. :D

Yes, you should. A friend of mine has a restored one he would sell. Sorry to say I don't have a picture. He went with me when I bought this Cushman and fell in love with the David Bradley and bought it. They were both restored by him and both are better than new.

'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:29 pm

I have 3 different makes of 2 wheeled walk behind tractors with assorted attachments. No David Bradly. I find the plow the most useful implement to use behind the 2 wheeled tractor. 2 wheeled tractor and plow works great for small garden plots. Other implements are just to difficult to manage or I have other more practical methods of accomplishing the task.

I have modified, usually just the hitch, disk harrows and peg toothed harrows to work behind Cub Cadets.

I have a cultivator for 2 wheeled garden tractors, Have never used it. Easier to run the rear tine tiller down the garden rows.
I have an excuse. CRS.

leerenovations
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby leerenovations » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:55 pm

Yes but you are all missing the whole idea. I AM LAZY. Thats why I will only own a four wheeled tractor. If I can find any way around the actual physical side of work, i am all for it.

coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .

Postby coppersmythe » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:14 am

my "L" model gravely is an amazing machine for 7 hp . I have cut grass sitting on that sulky for about 20 years , and made many gardens with the rotory plow . since I started cubbing , the gravely's been left silent and forlorn . she will beat you to death , a young mans machine . I still love it and will hang on to her. :D coppersmythe.............................

welderrx
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub Fast Hitch 68 Lo-Boy 66 Cub Cadet 125 100 Manure Spreader Wagner Loader

Postby welderrx » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:56 pm

When the plants are tiny and hard to tell from the weeds you can't beat a walk behind. I like riding don't get me wrong but the eyes ain't what they used to be and the closer I can get to the plants the better when they are starting to pop thru.:)
Blue Mountain Antique Gas and Steam Engine Association

Return to “Farmall Cub”