This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Plowing with Gravely Model L

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Plowing with Gravely Model L

Postby tmays » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:55 pm

Wasn't running when I got it. Tank needed a really good cleaning. Cleaned carb, set timing, filed points. Choke cable was stuck and got it freed. Electric start needed attention. Fires right up. Just for kicks tried manual start. Started on first pull(cold start). I'm liking it

Thomas

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Plowing with Gravely Model L

Postby tst » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:37 pm

Looks good Tom, the Gravely plow works very well, they also have a rotor tiller attachment that uses part of the plow you now have
Tim

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:56 pm

Thanks Tim. I have a tiller attachment that needs a little work. Blades are loose. I'd like to tighten them up. Never done it before. I guess I'll see what I'm getting into when I get started. :-)
Thomas

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:36 am

I have a Wards Plowtrac, 2 wheeled walk behind garden tractor that I use to plow my small garden plot.

My point is that these tractors work great for small gardens, are quite inexpensive to own and operate.
I have an excuse. CRS.

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:48 am

This is the first experience for me with a gravely and I can see your point Eugene. I now own two of them and I like them more every time I use them. :-)
Thomas

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:22 pm

The gravely rotary plow is the best tiller I have ever used. The L8 gravely have the hi/low speeds. In low/low it's so slow it tills and churns up the same spot twice. They used these on farms to till smaller areas to plant second plantings were the bigger machines were too big when the crops are tight.
Don't forget there is the rotary plow for tilling and the horizontal cultivator it's not a tiller it runs shallow.

The snow blowers with the open sides and the 4:1 ratio will blow snow, slush over the tops of the telephone poles. I've done it.

I once bought used gravely tractors rebuilt them and sold them.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”