This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Update on Touch Control rebuild

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Edd_D
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 31793

Update on Touch Control rebuild

Postby Edd_D » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:33 pm

Well, I tried everything I knew to try. My touch control was "hiccuping" just like air was in the lines after rebuilding it...........

So, I finally gave up and found a touch control offered on Ebay for $99 that was as rough as anyone I've ever seen. However, after cleaning it up and using some of my parts out of my touch control, such as the rocker arm and bearings, and reusing the new O-rings that I had just rebuilt the old touch control with last week and it works perfectly now. What a nice feeing.

Now, to sand down the hood and repaint it, finish painting my C2 mower and install it and I'm through. I'll post some pics when I finish.

Thanks again for all of you who helped me with this rebuild. I learned a LOT and found out that Cubs are easy to work on. My only problem is " what do i do now? "

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower