This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

C22 pulley setup

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
TomE
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28698
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 TO35
Circle of Safety: Y

C22 pulley setup

Postby TomE » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:25 pm

I just got a new flywheel pulley for the 22. When the old one came off there were three spacers that fit over the end of the shaft where it comes out of the tube. They were beat up looking. The new pulley does not snug up against these spacers. The parts break down shows washers that look like they would fit over the threads, and between the pulley and the spacers. Am I correct in thinking I need to also find some of the washers? I think the size is 13/16 x 1-3/8, 10 gauge.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

LeeC
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 22150
Tractors Owned: 2 1962 LoBoys
1 1964 LoBoy
1 1965 LoBoy
1 1966 LoBoy

Re: C22 pulley setup

Postby LeeC » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:44 am

I think you are asking about part number M42040, which are spacers used to align the flywheel pulley to the PTO pulley. You can use 3/4 machinery bushings for that purpose. I am not sure those washers will solve your problem, however. The flywheel pulley should snug up to the shoulder on the flywheel shaft without washers/spacers. From your description, it sounds like you need more of the bigger thin washers to take up the play between the flywheel pulley and tube. If for some reason your new pulley does not snug up to the shoulder on the flywheel shaft, you could try a machinery bushing. I got some from TSC, but there are other sources. --Lee
Circle of Safety

TomE
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28698
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 TO35

Re: C22 pulley setup

Postby TomE » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:49 pm

I found a washer at the hardware store that met the dimensions of the original (close enough anyway). Pulleys on, now after the garden is set maybe I'll mow a little.

Return to “Farmall Cub”