This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Boss Hogg's VA Cubfest

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Boss Hogg's VA Cubfest

Postby Dale Finch » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:26 pm

Looks like all the other folks are out partying or busy eating, so I thought I would mention some of the projects that were done here today. Sorry I have no pictures, but I was too busy to take any!

Things must have started much earlier than my 9:30 arrival time, because the "tractor elf" (AKA Boss) had already adjusted the timing on my '55 Cub, Ben! A very nice surprise, and thank you, Boss!

Even though we got hit with a rather furious thunderstorm shortly after lunch, several of us managed to continue working on a couple tractors, due to the generosity of Boss' boss. I'm sorry I do not know his name, but we who were huddled under it, GREATLY appreciated the huge tent you provided us!!! :thanx:

I believe that (among other things I may not have been aware of), one parts cub was turned into the proverbial "Exploded Parts Diagram"! Parts were headed many different directions, and I even got a few! Then there was the SA that Boss got running in no time, even though it had a magneto!!! One cub was split and had a new TOB and clutch put in, one cub got a new right (I believe) brake put on...let's see...oh and another had the 6 to 12 v conversion. Bob McArty did, I think, 3 carb rebuilds, and I am sure will be busy tomorrow with more! (And thank you Bob for the "baby" hitch pins!)

OK, I don't remember all that was done, but I did see LOTS of tractor parts trading hands, including several that I bought.

I want to thank everyone who lent a hand in getting pretty much my entire "punch list" completed. I think the main thing I have left to do tomorrow is make a steel brake line for my '55. Oh, and of course, wipe off any dust or fingerprints from the new paint job!!!

Boss very kindly gave me some homework, too! Yogie managed to knock over a rather large assorted supply of cotter pins. I was handed a rather large PILE of cotter pins to sort into their slots...ALL DONE!!

Well, time to get some sleep because tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful, and there is still much work/fun to be had!! Maybe someone will come along and post some photos...?
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RUSSALL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19344

Re: Boss Hogg's VA Cubfest

Postby RUSSALL » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:49 am

Thanks for the update Dale!

Russ
1979 International Cub (Artie),193 plow,22 sickle mower,144 cultivator,54a blade,59" belly mower,wheel weights
1944 John Deere B , A-3 B-3 two way plow.....Grandpa's Deere,Still can't find his FARMALL A

Donegal Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Donegal Cub » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:24 am

Yes also looking forward to someone posting pics of Boss Hog's Cubfest.
Bernard,
Donegal Cub.

coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .

Postby coppersmythe » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:08 pm

hey dale , enjoyed our visits , great fest with a great bunch of folks . boss and family were gracious to the end . good crowd with a smooth attitude . they reminded me of a mardi gras "crew".just easier to "join". thanks to everyone , and dale , I will keep my promise and check out the source that may have your mower shaft , and keep you updated on the "bumper". coppersmythe...................................................................

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:12 am

Really missed you guys. Our plow day got rained out, even though we just got a sprinkle at home. I ended up getting lots of seat time on Old Ugly the Super A fixing garden rows and disking up our new yard to get ready to plant grass. Productive day but sure wish I could have made it to the waller....

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Joel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27502
Tractors Owned: 1954 super A-1 6-volt

Postby Joel » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:39 am

Sounds like loads of fun. Hate we coudn't make it.
Joel

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:42 pm

RUSSALL wrote:Thanks for the update Dale!

Russ

Russall, you need to get down this way next year and bring my---- that sweet little 79 cub with you.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

RUSSALL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19344

Postby RUSSALL » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:31 pm

Yogie wrote:
RUSSALL wrote:Thanks for the update Dale!

Russ

Russall, you need to get down this way next year and bring my---- that sweet little 79 cub with you.

:thumbsup:

Russ
1979 International Cub (Artie),193 plow,22 sickle mower,144 cultivator,54a blade,59" belly mower,wheel weights
1944 John Deere B , A-3 B-3 two way plow.....Grandpa's Deere,Still can't find his FARMALL A

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”