This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

oil filter canister

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
okiecub51
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 73456
Tractors Owned: 1951 Ford 8N
1951 Farmall Cub
1944 John Deere B

oil filter canister

Postby okiecub51 » Fri May 16, 2014 3:23 pm

I am changing the oil on my FCub. I am also replacing the filter. I drained the filter canister, should I pour oil back in the canister before I start the tractor or just pour all of the oil into the crank case? The filter that came out was an IH filter! The IH logo was printed in black ink, I don't know how old that is! Thanks for the help.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: oil filter canister

Postby Barnyard » Fri May 16, 2014 3:28 pm

Gregg, you can pour some in if you want, it will run back to the pan. Just make sure you prime it justy in case it lost it's prime.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bob McCarty » Fri May 16, 2014 4:55 pm

Did you also remove the winged cap on the end of the drain pipe? Often there will be an accumulation of sludge in there.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

okiecub51
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 73456
Tractors Owned: 1951 Ford 8N
1951 Farmall Cub
1944 John Deere B

Postby okiecub51 » Fri May 16, 2014 8:58 pm

Thanks guys, I will prime the oil pump. I have read about it before, seemed simple, I just don't remember what I read. Lol. I removed the the winged cap and ran some bailing wire in it, it seemed pretty clean. Thanks for the help guys!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat May 17, 2014 9:26 pm

To prime it use an oil can to pump some oil into the small hole inside the filter housing opposite the filter. Then spin it with the starter a few rounds until oil starts squirting back out the same hole. Then put the filter cover on and fire it up. Of course all that is after adding oil to the crank case.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”