This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Clutch Grabs

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
abrahamseven
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 83619

Clutch Grabs

Postby abrahamseven » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:05 pm

I just acquired another 1947 Cub and when I put it in gear in goes in not so good because of the worn out shift lever ,rails and springs and such in the shifter cover, that is a another story , right now when I put the clutch in and in gear when I release it boy does it grab it is either in gear or out no slipping or easing out the clutch . I try testing clutch for slippage by engaging the clutch in 3rd gear and hold the brake down. The clutch comes out a stops about an 1 inch shy of being full out and the clutch slips, until you pull the clutch with your toe and then the engine dies. Any advise ? Thanks for your help guys.

steven

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Clutch Grabs

Postby tst » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:18 pm

check the adjustments on the clutch fingers and pedal

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:46 pm

I have 7 out of 8 that grab hard enough to throw ya off the seat!---one works smooth as silk!---I just use them that way!---you get used to them after a while!---Its just another cub thing! LOL!!! thanks ; sonny

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:12 pm

I have 2 cubs that have normal clutch operation and 1, the one with my loader which sets under a lean too rather than in the shed and is only used occasionally that grabs for the first few times the clutch is used each time I get it out. After a few starts it also is normal.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!