This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

L-22 mower

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Nimrod
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 99734

L-22 mower

Postby Nimrod » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:40 am

I recently installed this on my 1957 Loboy. I put the belt on...a tricky task....and once on it is a bit loose. It was all I could do to roll it on there so, belatedly, I am thinking there must be a tensioner. Is there a tensioner on this mower and could anyone tell me how it adjusts? Many thanks!
Nimrod - Mighty hunter and grandson of Noah OR....(in American slang as promoted by Warner Bros and Bugs Bunny) a foolish and slow witted person. It really doesn't make any difference to me, it's just a handle.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: L-22 mower

Postby Barnyard » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:55 am

Here is the belt tensioner. Just turn the bolt whichever way you need it to loosen or tighten.

22tensioner.JPG
22tensioner.JPG (43.93 KiB) Viewed 180 times

Modified photo from TM Tractor Parts
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Nimrod
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Nimrod » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:43 pm

Thank you! Found it and adjusted it. Frankly, it was just a little too far down for me to see it ( I don't do floors as well as I used to and getting down is not the problem) and the whole concept completely eluded me until the last minute. Now the friggin battery will not hold a charge. Not easy to scare up a 6v on Sunday but I guess I will give malWart a try.

Nim
Nimrod - Mighty hunter and grandson of Noah OR....(in American slang as promoted by Warner Bros and Bugs Bunny) a foolish and slow witted person. It really doesn't make any difference to me, it's just a handle.

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:13 pm

Nimrod wrote:Now the friggin battery will not hold a charge.

Have you checked the electrolyte level?
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Nimrod
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Nimrod » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:23 pm

Yeah...I could do that standing up. Just a really old tired battery I guess. Can't remember if it is the one that was on the former wreck of a tractor when I hauled it in here, but probably is.

Return to “Farmall Cub”