This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Correct Circle cub decals, watch what set you get

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
rjfcsa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60957

Correct Circle cub decals, watch what set you get

Postby rjfcsa » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:14 pm

Hello All,
Some thoughts on my decal job, going kind of correct police hear :wink: .
After working on my pto, lower thread, I decided to try to tackle the decals I never got put on my 47 circle loader cub. I ordered a set of vinyl decals from maple hunter, and I would guess that they are a good item from what I have read. I have never put any on before so they looked good to me. I am using the tape hinge to get in place then sprits' with water method, and is working well. Till I found a problem with the decals :shock: . Well I have an early original Circle cub that you can see most of the decals, and was comparing placement with it and the pictures in the book.
I started with the P.T.O. decal and it went on good :D , so I thought this taint to bad to do. Did the light switch decal,
I did the BE CAREFULL one on the tank, NOTE. it is a little smaller than the original mine reads the same but is just a bit larger.
I did not put on the oil change one on as my original one appears to have the Pur-o-lator decal as in the early manual. I will order one.
I could not see the air cleaner decal on my original so I put the one on that was with the kit. Note. The one pictured in the manual looks a little different.
Well I lined up one of the side hood decals, got it wear I wanted it and put it one. Then I thought this don't look quite the same. So I went and looked at the original. Well, NUTS, :cry: not the same. The ones I got Say IH McCormick Farmall made in U.S.A. International harvester Company . Chcago U.S.A. NOTE. the original as well as the manual pics. say, IH McCormick - Deering Farmall Made BY International harvester Company . Chcago U.S.A. Well had just done the one. It was still damp so I peeled it off and will order different ones.
Then got looking at the Circle CUB decals for the dog legs, The original and the pics in manual are a bit different than the ones in the sets, but as I cannot find any, any different I will probably use them. Not lots of difference but enough to be annoying. And if I was not comparing to the original I probably would be none the wiser.

Any way word of caution watch what set of decals you are ordering.
Russel Foster

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Correct Circle cub decals, watch what set you get

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:30 pm

TM Tractor has circle Cub decals, but I don't know if they are what you want.

Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

rjfcsa
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60957

Postby rjfcsa » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:43 pm

The picture of theirs looks like the one I have. They look ok and If I had not studied the original I probably would be fine with them, but the difference just bugs me.
Russel

Sailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 42261
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
Ser.# 16812
1938 Farmall F-14
Ser# 131806

Postby Sailor » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:02 pm

I have not been able to find out when they made the changed from McCormick to McCormin-Deering. I have a 1948 Cub and I have decided to go with the style I like the best, which is McCormick.
1948 Cub
Cub-22 Mower
Cub-54 Leveling & Grading Blade
Cub-144 Cultivator
Cub-189 Moldboard Plow (direct-Connected, One Bottom, Two-way)
Woods 59 Mower

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:05 pm

Sailor wrote:I have not been able to find out when they made the changed from McCormick to McCormin-Deering. I have a 1948 Cub and I have decided to go with the style I like the best, which is McCormick.

Go to TM tractors website and scroll through the decal section and you'll get your answer.

Sailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 42261
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
Ser.# 16812
1938 Farmall F-14
Ser# 131806

Postby Sailor » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:58 pm

You're correct Scrivet. I've visited that site several times. My dilemma was the last owner insisted that the Cub was a '49 even though the serial number clearly put it in he '48 group. Since the decals are new, I'll leave them as is for now.
1948 Cub
Cub-22 Mower
Cub-54 Leveling & Grading Blade
Cub-144 Cultivator
Cub-189 Moldboard Plow (direct-Connected, One Bottom, Two-way)
Woods 59 Mower

Scrivet
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 63664

Postby Scrivet » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:13 pm

Sailor wrote:.....the last owner insisted that the Cub was a '49 even though the serial number clearly put it in he '48 group. .........

Previous Owner was (take your pick :D )
1. Wrong
1A. That's what they were told
1B. Misremembered what they were told
1C. Misread what they looked up
2. Bought the Cub in '49
3. It IS a '49 and the Bolster was changed with one from a '48
4. Some other possibility I'm not thinking of right now.........

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:11 am

I have said repeatedly that Maple-Hunter can't be relied on for accurate decals. But they are pretty and that is what usually counts. The "McCormick . . . made in USA . . ." hood sheets were used starting about mid-1949. Before that, they used the "McCormick-Deering . . ." version. On the circle Cubs (early 1947 only), the large lettering on the decal said "FARMALL" and the later ones said "FARMALL CUB".

Accurate decals were available from Bermuda Ken at Carter and Gruenewald. Since they have dropped CaseIH and Ken has moved to Johnson Tractor (CaseIH in Juda, WI), I don't know the availability of what C&G had.

Return to “Farmall Cub”