This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall 140 Front lift

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
surphn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27357

Farmall 140 Front lift

Postby surphn » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:36 am

Can somebody direct me as to how to adjust the lift on the front for cultivating?
I bought a set of KING spring 'scratchers' or cultivators and tried using them
this weekend. The issue is , the left side drags across the ground, when all
the way up, going to the garden while the right side has about 2-3 inch ground clearance. How do
I raise the left side so they clear the ground also?
I have them on tool bars and up as high as I can get them adjusted, but the left side
is still draggin the ground.

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Farmall 140 Front lift

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:54 pm

It should be easy if you walk over to the left side, look, then walk over to the right side, look, then walk back over to the left side, and look again, to see where the difference is.

Something has to be bent, stretched, twisted, at a different angle, or set longer/shorter.

Can you post a picture of the tractor from each side?

surphn
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby surphn » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:47 am

I don't have any way to do that. But, thanks for the reply. I'll go look at it again and see if I can figure out
where the difference is. Just looking at it, it appears the left side tool bar is lower and I know there has to be a way to raise it /adjust it. Just not sure where to start turning stuff.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:14 am

surphn wrote:I don't have any way to do that. But, thanks for the reply. I'll go look at it again and see if I can figure out
where the difference is. Just looking at it, it appears the left side tool bar is lower and I know there has to be a way to raise it /adjust it. Just not sure where to start turning stuff.

You can adjust the length of the lift link on each side that goes from the touch control arms to the cultivator gangs--each one is made up of the two linkages on the end, and a coil spring in the center. This will change the height of each side. Make sure that when you are done nothing will hit the bottom of the engine/oil pan when you raise the cultivators all the way up.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

surphn
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby surphn » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:19 pm

Thanks "Super A". Now I know where to go and what to adjust. Now that I know the name of the part I'm looking for, I can go to
ebay and find that part. (A picture for is is worth more than a 1000 words.) Now I know where to go start adjusting. Your
advice on attachments hitting the oil pan is good. I discovered my dented oil pan before I ever put the first attachment on and
figured that was what happened with the previous owner. I now mount attachments with the lift all the way up, so I know they won't hit the oil pan.
Thanks, again!

Worksmart
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '49 Farmall Cub
'64 Int'l Cub
'66 Int'l Cub
'76 Int'l Cub
'53 Farmall Super A
'03 Kubota BX22
‘19 Kubota L6060

Postby Worksmart » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:33 pm

The lift rods(eyes on either end and spring in the middle) on either side are where the height of lift is adjusted. The measurement from the centerline to the centerline of each eye should be 23.5" minimum to 25" maximum. The underside of the tractor being the limiting factor as you have discovered.

Just loosen the locknut(s) and the rods will slide in or out. May take some penetrating oil to free them up. Just set them at the same length to start. You may have to tweak one side or the other to get them even to take up for any bends or wear on the universal frame.

Chuck
Worksmart not hard!!