This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New to forum, new to cubs!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: New to forum, new to cubs!

Postby Barnyard » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:53 pm

Yep.

There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

1950demoB
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06804

Postby 1950demoB » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Well, still haven't gotten pics up. Got a new gig so been verrrrrry busy. Hopefully I will still get some free time, but it'll prob be a slower process then I imagined. But in the big picture, goodbye job, hello career!

I have the air cleaner still covered in grease, hopefully clean it up this weekend.

When I'm cleaning 50+ years of grease, what works best but is safe enough to keep whatever paint is left? Simple green?

I've used dawn power dissolver on some motorcycle parts, and it worked amazing, but the pieces were powder coated, not painted.

Thanks guys!

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13143
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub Low Boy w/ FH Mott Flail Mower
1953 Cub w/ sprayer and 54A blade (Chompers)
1954 Cub w/fast hitch (Ira)
1948 Cub ( Papa Paul)with Henderson loader..
1951 Mutt mix Cub (BattleAx
1950 Farmall Cub (basket case demo)
Cub parts tractor
2019 " KuB"ota 2601 loader and roto tiller
1951 Ferguson TEA 20 (parts)( Uncle Rusty)
F/H Disc Harrow for cub L-38
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower
Universal tool attachment with disc hillers..Rear cultivators (various tips
York Rake for Cub home made
Single bottom Plow for Cub F194
Gravely 5660 12 hp/ w snoblower.rototiller,bush hog

Postby pickerandsinger » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:09 am

Welcome.....This is the place ....Dave
In Memory of 58,286

1950demoB
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 1950demoB » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:49 pm

Well look at that, about a year since I started this post.

I'm sure all of you think this will be an update, but unfortunately the cub is as it was my last post. I was going through the academy, and am now out on the streets serving the public. But now my schedule is easier to coordinate, and the weather is finally turning around. Within a few weeks I hope to get back on track and get this sucker up and running.

For right now, I still have the air cleaner sitting around and needing to be cleaned. Any suggestions? It looked like there wasn't much debris/oil in the actual "filter" part, and sludge on the bottom of the bath. Should I try to soak it in some simple green or some sort of grease cleanser? Gunk engine bright? Carb cleaner?

And once it's good to go, do I literally just pour some oil in the bottom? Or somehow get some over the guts?

Thanks everyone!

And how's it going Timmy?? I'm just getting ready to re-register my Buell also. Turned over 26k last season, so maybe 10k more before the bottom end goes? Lol

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514

Postby tst » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:16 am

Hi Brian, Glad your new career is coming together, I will feel much safer with you patrolling the streets and having a gun :roll: , lot of the sludge you can scrape out with a blade of some sort then wash out the rest, maybe you can put a siren and flashing light on your Buell!
Tim

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:01 am

1950demoB wrote:Should I try to soak it in some simple green or some sort of grease cleanser? Gunk engine bright? Carb cleaner?

Kerosene
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:10 am

Don McCombs wrote:Kerosene
Or if you have a parts washer, set the air cleaner in the solvent tank and let soak for a couple days. Jiggle the air cleaner up and down every so often.

Let drain when finished soaking. Then oil the material in the air cleaner.
I have an excuse. CRS.

1950demoB
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 1950demoB » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:29 pm

Tim, I've been carrying for years! Now I'm actually limited to what I can carry, if that makes you feel better! And hopefully you will never be in the area I work, no one should be there by choice!!! Haha. Once I save up enough coin I was thinking about a flhrp actually. I can pick one up for a decent price by some dealers. But not the one you and I know all too well.

I might still be able to access a parts washer from my last job. If not I'll use kerosene. Thanks guys!

hurleyjd
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 75497

Postby hurleyjd » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:27 am

Rudi wrote:Brian:

Congrats on deciding to ressurect the family Cub :applause: Cubs with close family connections are very special Cubs due to the close personal connection. I am hoping you will enjoy the process.

There are lots of resources available to our members and if you follow the links below these resources will help you get that Cub up and running. Your Cub, does it have battery ignition or a magneto?

The Serial Number range for the Demo's is generally accepted to be 99536-106517. Suggest that you document your Cub very well with pictures showing the white paint taking care to photograph the underneath of the hood, seat, deck, the touch control etc., Documenting the Cub with photo's will go a long way to confirming that is is a Demo after it has been refreshed.

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of the most important resources are Owner's Manuals, Parts Catalogs and Service Manuals. The Cub Manual Server is the home of the jpg versions and the [url=http://www.farmallcub.com/[ Sorry, direct links to manual section is not allowed. ]/index.php]PDF Manuals[/url] -- well the pdf's of course :wink: Enjoy!.

A go to place for new parts would be TM Tractor -- one of our sponsor's. A go to place for used parts would be JP Tractor Salvage, another one of our sponsors. Also, you can post wants in our Classifieds Forum.

Rudi tried to PM you cannot get it to work. How is your health. Hope all is going well.

1950demoB
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 1950demoB » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:48 pm

Ordered plug wires, points condenser, cap, and an oil filter. Work has been crazy, when you expect time off something comes up. I will get this thing going, or die trying!

And I'm good thanks! Just trying to remain in one piece in the hellhole that I work in. It's summer time, where I am that means it gets pretty crazy! Hope everyone is well!

And on a somewhat related note? We have an old MTD riding mower from the 60s that runs like a tank, but the other weekend the rear diff housing decided to grenade itself. One guy took a look at it and said good luck it's a paperweight, unless you find a used one. I pretty much figured that but it would be such a waste to have that be why it's dead. I'd rather have the block explode and render it useless than a lil aluminum housing end it's run. Think I should call it a day? I'm gonna try and find something online, then thought about retro fitting something but not sure how much of a headache it would be. That thing is a tank, starts first pull after sitting winters, no safety stuff, just an old workhorse. Plus you can wheelie it with the brake clutch!!

Tim, you may have run into the guy who looked at it. He's a part of the antique motorcycle club and was mentioning Rhinebeck. He has an old 47 Indian with a sidecar. I forget his name, but real nice guy that's in the poconos.

Return to “Farmall Cub”