This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Riots in France

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
DuxburyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

Riots in France

Postby DuxburyFarmall » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:00 am

Hope everyone over in France is ok. Heard on the news that last night there were another 500 - 600 cars were torched last night.
'51 Cub and a 60's Cub Lo-Boy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:21 am

I predict that the same thing is going to happen here in the not to distant future. The population is becoming to unbalanced with illegal & legal immigrants that do not respect the U.S.A. or our laws & language.
Then came Bronson

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
61 and 63 Cub Cadet Originals
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:39 pm

I agree 100% johnbron, I think that it is going to happen really soon, but at least i won't have to worry about it too much, way up here in northern NH! I don't know what this world/country is coming to.

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:07 pm

It's very interesting that riots occur in impoverished urban areas, seldom hear about riots in poor rural areas. Must have something to do with respect for accomplishment, respect for others and respect for self - it's easier to lower everyone into squallor, loathing and aimlessness than to boost one's self up through hard work, vision and education.

Then again, rioters would probably have more respect for others if law-abiding citizens were willing and able to defend themselves and property from attack.
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:17 pm

Yes, I agee 100 percent as well.

Sounds to me like this one why we MUST keep fighting for "The Right to Keep and Bear Arms" as it was was given to us by our founding fathers in the 2nd amendment of the great United States constitution.

We take so many things for granted everyday and just expect things will continue to be as it is has for the past 250 plus years, but 9/11/01 should have really been an awakeing call (and it was to some degree) on just how vulnerable we really are to an attack. As eveyone knows we have so many gaps in our borders and security and technology only can take us so far. I fear that having this "open door" policy may be our Waterloo in the very near future.

John
Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:30 pm

I think one problem is that in France as well as many European countrys imigrants are not readily accepted. thye are offically welcomed, but in relaity are outsiders for several generations, where in the U.S. they traditionaly have been readkly accepted into communiites. At least that was true until recently, now that appears to be chaging.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:48 pm

I have yet to hear anything about the French riots to even suggest they are any different than the riots we had in multiple US cities back in the '60s. Social conditions, underlying causes, immediate causes, the whole thing. If you don't remember that far back, think Rodney King. Not much different there either.

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:14 am

:) :?: A little off the topic but we had an example of self justice in our small town not too long ago. One of our local business men went to the bank to deposit the days receipts. Walked in the bank and it was in the process of being robbed. Robber took his deposit also and fled. He got into his truck caught up with the guy, ran him off the road, ruffed him up a bit, tied him up with good old duck tape, threw him in the back of his truck and took him back to the bank. By that time the sheriff was there and took over. This guy said he worked too hard for his money to let some little gang banger have it. Only problem is he could have been killed or in this day and age charged with using excessive force.
Last edited by Brent on Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always try the easiest thing first.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:53 am

We just had a 66 year old grandmother shoot a guy that broke into her house in Dallas. Here is the story:
http://www.nbc5i.com/news/5289996/detail.html

Listen to the 911 tape. The tape is her granddaughter talking to the 911 dispatcher. You can hear the grandmother and a gun shot in the background.

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:53 pm

KEWL Jim B, My kind of grandma! :{_}:

Here where I live, not only would I probably be arrested, but I would have to cover his medical treatments and most likely he would sue me for assult and for his pain and suffering....GO FIGURE :!: . :roll: :shock: :(

Reason being, (as explained to me by IL State Police) we can't use any more force than what we are being threatened with. I think this means I can't use my 9 MM if he is using a ball bat, Or something like that, I guess a BB gun might be ok, dunno tho. :?

Ya GOTTA love TEXAS, OR even more so ya gotta love a bad A$$ TEXAS granny :!:

John
Machinist
1954 Regular F-Cub "PRB" (Puckett's Rust Bucket)
1955 International Cub LoBoy "SQUATTY"
1954 3800 series Chevrolet flat bed grain truck "Ole Ben"
1975 Case 1737 skid-steer

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:59 pm

In MO. a ball bat is considered lethal, so lethal force to protct your life or someone elses's would be considered appropriate.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:05 am

As stupid as it sounds in Ca. it is illegal to carry a baseball bat or even a tire iron in your vehical unless it is not immediatly accessable. Like in the trunk.
Then came Bronson

Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 41005
Tractors Owned: Near 200 cubs through the years

Postby Ralph » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:40 am

I would call the cops to do the paperwork.
His Family may try to sue me
But He Shure would not be able to
Shoot low Sherriff they are Riding Shadows
4 Wheels move the body.....
2 Wheels move the Soul .....

Ralph in ky.

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:19 am

having the opportunity to work with offenders for a living i always joke with 'em, if you happen to find my house, (out in middle of no where, i can see ya coming mile away), and you turn into my lane. if my dogs dont get you first, i'll still have plenty of time to get my guns out and drag your bodies inside. :lol: Never had a problem. wonder why :lol: :wink:

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Patbretagne » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:22 pm

Self respect is one of the greatest assets that are missing today.
And if you havn't got any respect for yourself, how on earth can you have any repect for anyone else or their property?

The thing that I can not understand in the current riots is that the cars that they are torching are those cars of their own in their own area, their own housing estate, tower block or... Noëlle tells me that she has heard of one torch that was the "child's" own parents car.

The attacks are against schools, supermarkets even nursery schools. We assume that the idea is that it is the government, the state that suffers.

There is tremendous anti government feeling here in France.

In Marseilles, the biggest commerciel port in France on the med, the buses were on strike for 3 weeks, shop keepers are now counting the cost, tey are starting to go bankrupt, people aren't going into town without buses. They are on strike because there is to be a tramway in town, the only way to get it off the ground and built is to partly privatise the tramway, the unions won't have that, it's got to be state run and owned.

Difference of reasoning, attack the state, but we want it's employ.

Duxbury, thanks for your concern, we had torchings at Quimper 35km away and at Brest 32 km. I doubt that it will ever get to Kostalan, we hope.

Here is just a bit of a funny that someone sent me this evening, hope you like it.
Pat

Be aware that the French government announced yesterday that it has raised
its terror alert level from RUN to HIDE.
The only two higher levels in France are Surrender and Collaborate.
The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white
flag factory, effectively paralysing their military capability.

It's not only the French that are on a heightened level of alert, The
Italians have increased their alert level from "shout loudly and excitedly"
to "elaborate military posturing". Two more levels remain, "ineffective
combat operations" and "change sides".

The Germans also increased their alert state from "disdainful arrogance" to
"dress in uniform and sing marching songs". They have two higher levels,
"invade a neighbour" and "lose".

Seeing this reaction in continental Europe the Americans have gone from
"isolationism" to "find somewhere else in the middle east ripe for regime
change". Their remaining higher alert states are "take on the world" and
"ask the British for help".

Finally in GB we've gone from "pretend nothing's happening" to "make