This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall Super A versus International Industrial A (AI)

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bill Blansett
10+ Years
10+ Years

Farmall Super A versus International Industrial A (AI)

Postby Bill Blansett » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:37 pm

I am restoring what I thought was a Farmall Super A with a heavy duty front axle. It is the square box cast type with the big tension rod pivot that reaches back to the right rear engine flange. My question is this: Is this 1951 tractor a Farmall Super A, or is it an International AI due to the front axle. I really like the tractor, either way, but I do want the correct decals on it after painting. I have Ken Updike's Cub book, but it is not real clear to me if there were other differences. There were no markings left on the rusty hood when I obtained the tractor. Your comments appreciated.

Bill

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:34 pm

Based on what you have said so far, it could still be either one. The definitive answer would be on the serial plate. A Farmall model designation is FAA and the International is IAA. The other differences I know of:
International has foot operated governor control (obvious if all there).
International has slightly different valving inside the Touch Control (probably never detect it).

Bill Blansett
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bill Blansett » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:51 pm

Thanks Jim, You have answered my question. My tractor is a Farmall Super A with the heavy duty front end. I had referred to Ken Updikes Cub book in error. I should have mentioned the Farmall Letter series tractor book. Of course it wouldn't be in the Cub book. I reckon I have too many irons in the fire at one time to think straight. I sure admire your extensive knowledge bank on tractors. Not trying to smear more "butter", but I also look forward to your articles in Red Power. Thanks, Bill

Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
Cub 201 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachments
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment
Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw
IH McCormick Seed Plate Test Stand

Postby Brandon Webb » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:26 pm

We have a IH A it has an IAA serial number with the heavy duty front axle. Thanks Brandon.

jlcross81
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby jlcross81 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:58 pm

are the IH A rare?? I purchased one last week its all the and has the foot throttle.
Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most!!

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”