This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Old Cub Cadet Chassis

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
PINE-KNOT
10+ Years
10+ Years

Old Cub Cadet Chassis

Postby PINE-KNOT » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:28 pm

I have an old Cadet chassis that I got in trade for the transmission, which is needed for our working Cub. Would anyone be interested in the remaining parts? Thought about putting it on ebay but haven't had the time to set things up. Are these parts worth anything? We have only the "large" Cubs and know nothing about the Cadet series.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:03 am

They could be, depends on how old, what model, and what parts are left. Search for "Cub Cadet"on ebay and and you will get several pages of parts and or tractors that should provide some information for you.

PINE-KNOT
10+ Years
10+ Years

Old Cub Cadet Chassis

Postby PINE-KNOT » Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:09 pm

Engine is missing--just chassis, hood steering wheel, F & R tires/rims and rear axle ass'y minus the transmission that I need. It has a seat too but it's not like new and the hood is not perfect either.

Where is the serial number found on these?

Thanks

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul B » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:02 pm

If it is a Cub Cadet garden tractor and not a Cadet lawn tractor, the S/N can be stamped into the gear reduction housing, front right side of transmission case, rear of tramsmission case, on a metal tag on the rear of the transmission case, on a metal tag on the left side frame rail, it all depends on what the model number of the tractor is. There is probably not much demand or value in the parts that are left, if they are not in top condition.

bscott
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby bscott » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:51 am

Be prepared for a JOB to use the Cadet transmission housing in a Cub. I just went through this and finally gave up. There are alot of differences in the housings, especially on the front where the gear reduction sits. I finally bought a Cub transmission housing and used most of the Cadet internals.
My housing had sat full of water and rusted the gears and broke the bottom of the housing.
I would wholeheartedly recommend buying a complete transmission from a salvage yard, after my experience.

PINE-KNOT
10+ Years
10+ Years

CADET CHASSIS

Postby PINE-KNOT » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:46 pm

Wasn't planning on using the housing--just the gears. Aren't the gears interchangable? At least that's what I was told. Thanks.

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul B » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:19 pm

Yes the gears are interchangable, but because there are at least 3 different 2nd gear ratios, be sure 2nd gear is swapped as a set (2nd gear and 2nd/3rd sliding gear). The tooth count on the two gears should total 52. 1st, 3rd and rev are the same ratio in all transmissions.

PINE-KNOT
10+ Years
10+ Years

CADET TRANSMISSION

Postby PINE-KNOT » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:34 pm

Thanks Paul,

Didn't know that about the 2nd gear ratio differences--haven't done one of these before--just a few Muncie 4 speeds.

bscott
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby bscott » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:26 pm

I used all of the gears, the ring and pinion, shift forks and rails. The Cub Cadet mainshaft bearings are different, otherwise I used the Cadet bearings as well. Second gear was different in the Cadet, but I don't notice much, if any difference while driving the Cub. I have a terrible whine in mine though, I think it is due to reusing the shim packs in the ring and pinion, without setting it up. That is why the transmission is sitting on my bench right now, awaiting setting up the ring and pinion properly. I'm just waiting for the garage to warm up!

Return to “Cub Cadet”