This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

QA-36U1111 Snowthrower question

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

QA-36U1111 Snowthrower question

Postby Ritter107 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:39 am

Hello, i have a QA-36U1111 snowthrower and was wondering what age it is. It only has one pivot point... not two like the later designs. I was wondering if anybody know's what year they were made. I figure 1967-71.... So it's roughly the same age as the 107 i put it on.

I also have a QA-36A that has a bad gearbox. Does anyone know who made the right angle gearbox for this thrower? Better yet... does anyone know whwere to buy parts for it other than the IM/Cub Cadet dealer. the one gear they want 150 dollars for... and i need both of them plus a shaft. The previous owner tore the gearbox up and i cnabalized it to get one workign gearbox for the other thrower. However, i want to get both throwers operational.

The QA-36A thrower also needs the sprocket on the side of the auger replaced as a large number of the teeth are torn off.... Aparently the previous owner really beat on this poor machine. Does anyone know how to get it off and welded back on, and what size sprocket it is? I'd rather jsut buy a new one at the local ag supply store and weld it on myself for 23 bucks, rather than the 80 bucks plus labor for the IH dealer to do the same work.

Also... and i know i'm getting very long winded, but has anybody tried the Bercomac 2 stage snowblowers? They are made in canada, but i'm curious about getting one for a 782. They sound like a nice unit... but i would like first hand experiance and opinions. Cheers.
- Jon

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

R Bedell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48701

Postby R Bedell » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:48 am

The QAxx Series of snowthrowers were made from 1968 through 1971. Then the QAxxA Series superceeded them.

Can't help you with aftermarket parts. I agree that some Cub Parts are very expensive and we all try to get out for the least amount. However, there are parts that are totally unique to Cub Cadet and have to purchase them.

CC 1450
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby CC 1450 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:03 pm

Ritter107

Last winter I had the 'big gear' decide it didn't need all of it's teeth in the gearbox for my QA42A :?

I had a Cub Cadet, and an IH dealer looking for that gear....and after 3-4 weeks, was told it's NLA. FYI: The gearbox cover gasket is also NLA

I ended up consulting the CPE-2 manual for other thrower models that used that same PN gear and buying a gearbox off of e-Bay to reassemble mine.

Note: Several different models of throwers used the same gears in a different case...meaning the gearbox casting may have different mounting hole locations etc. etc. Make sure to check the CPE-2 to verify the part/parts you need for your gearbox match/are the same PN of parts found in a different model throwers gearbox.

You might also want to check with Myron Bounds at Cub Cadet Supply Room...he has a large inventory of used and NOS Cub Cadet parts....here is his web site address:

http://www.ccsupplyroom.com/room.htm

Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ritter107 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:50 am

what is the CPE-2 manual?

Also, my cub dealer said they can still get all the parts, and this was 2 -3 months ago. Thanks for the info 8)

R Bedell
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby R Bedell » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:15 am

CPE-2 (Consumer Products Euipment - 2) is the Parts Manual for the Cub Cadet Attachments.

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Gear box

Postby wdeturck » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:23 am

My Cub Cadet dealer told me that the right angle gear boxes were made by Woods. If you can find a Woods dealer they may have those gears. I know of 3 gear combinations for those drives so make sure you get the 2:1 gears. There are 3:2 gears for a rear tiller and a 1:1 for a lawn tractor snow blower,
I don't think you will find the gears much cheaper through a woods dealer so you are probably better off finding used parts or another blower.
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

R Bedell
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby R Bedell » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:08 pm

All the Gear Boxes for the IH snowthrowers were made by IH. Woods NEVER made any of those gear boxes for either the Snowthrower or Tiller, according to the Service Engineer at Woods....!!!!

CC 1450
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby CC 1450 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:47 pm

To add to what R Bedell said:

When I was hunting the gear, and I had the Cub Cadet and IH dealers looking.....The parts manager of the IH dealer (he had been there a LONG time) said IH used a very similar gearbox on at least one model of corn planter, so he was hoping he could get a match for my gear...turned out the planter gearbox was a different drive ratio.

So I would be more inclined to think IH made their own gearboxes.

Return to “Cub Cadet”