This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Spring Lift Assist on a 682

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
JohnHunt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Spring Lift Assist on a 682

Postby JohnHunt » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:14 am

Does anyone have any insight on how to mount the darn thing? Thanks!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:13 pm

Yes :lol:

Is it one built by IH with a cast iron transaxle, or a later one built by Cub Cadet Corp/MTD with a cast aluminum transaxle? Do you have all the parts? What specifically do you need to know? Basically the upper rear casting mount to the top rear of the frame raile with two bolts that are called "Frankenstine" bolts - they are threaded next to the bolt head with a smaller diameter unthreaded end. They go through the frame rail, a nut goes on the threaded part to mount it to the frame, and the unthreaded part goes into the ends of the casting to mount it. The long lift bar connects to the arm on the casting with a 1/2" bolt and bushing, the other end slides between the right frame rail and the transaxle and connects to the pin welded to the small rectangle plate that bolts to the inside of the tractor lift arm. Take the tunnel cover off for access. If the transaxle is cast iron, the bottom bracket with the three holes in the right angle bends of each end, bolts to the rear end cover, between the drawbar and the cover, using bolts that are 1/4" longer than the existing drawbar bolts. If the transaxle is aluminum, there is a frame mounted plate that has to be used.

Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ritter107 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:44 am

Paul has the right idea. I have a spring assist on a 107 and i found it in a junk pile for 5 bucks.... Trust me, your life will improve dramatically with it, especially if you use a snowthrower.

Next though... i believe i'm putting a small hydralic pump on it and 2 spools to both lift and angle my blade. I've gotten tired of crawling out of the cab to do that....

I will say that you do have a handy and rare little item, as so far, my 107 is the only Cub i've seen with one on it, and boy is it nice.
- Jon 8)

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:44 pm

DUH.
Sorry about that JohnHunt. Guess I need new glasses or learn how to read. I now see you were asking about a spring assist and not the rear lift (what IH called a 3 point hitch on Cub Cadets).

The spring assist mounts to the left rear frame rail, and to the left lift arm of the rockshaft. Angle bracket bolts to the frame, spring adjusting bolt goes through it into the spring, front of the spring hooks to the long, bent 5/16 or 3/8" rod. The front of the rod with the right angle bend hooks into the "J" bracket that bolts to the rockshaft arm.

Ritter107
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Ritter107 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:16 pm

Don't feel bad Paul... i read your post and still didn't catch it either.... :oops:

JohnHunt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby JohnHunt » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:27 pm

Thanks, Guys

Return to “Cub Cadet”