This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New Driveway

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:35 pm

Mike:

As usual, your rock work is exceptional... something I have come to expect as a matter of course with your property.. :!: :lol: Image :!: :lol:

I am really interested in your rock curbs.... I have access to lots of rocks and I do mean lots... and I was thinking on maybe setting up forms and making rock curbs myself, but not too sure how to do it...

Looks like you have become a pro at rock work!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:26 am

Here's the roller I rented. It has a vibrator. By simply pushing a button the entire machine starts to vibrate while rolling. This really packs the material well; and, if you water the surface very well, the fine materials will rise to the top. This mud can be scraped up and used to seal up any areas where its needed.
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

rondellh
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rondellh » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:31 am

WOW :shock:

I never thought I would see one of the rollers I support on this forum.

Mike how did the roller work for you? They are really sweet little units.

Driveway looks great too!

Rondell

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

Postby Arizona Mike » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:55 pm

Thank you Rudi. The short retaining walls were done by a very good friend of mine from Tucson. Evencio is so busy now I hate to ask him to come down here, but when I need the maestro...he's the guy 8). Those walls have been there for almost 10 years.. If you can get nice faced material, I'm sure you could do it :wink:

rondellh, It took me awhile to get used to the articulated steering, and I couldn't find the gas gauge for two days :D :D but what a nice machine. This one was a three ton, and that vibrator will work the solids to the bottom and exude the fines on top to make a very smooth finish. Just need to water the heck out of everything, and let the roller sqeeze out the water 8) 8).

Had to have another 30T. AB delivered yesterday for a total of 130 T. :roll: Also have empied my friend's 1500 gal. water truck twice, and used about 2000 gal. from my own tank.
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck

Postby Carm » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:05 pm

Mike...Is there even that much water in Arizona?????

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:27 pm

Sure there is they had a wet spring. Ought to be enough for 2 more loads. Then they will use the mule team to bring some borax out of death valley to top it off.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:51 pm

Mike:

That might be an avenue for me to look at for my driveway when the tractor trailers etc., are all done bringing in the stock for my logging road... one good thing about tractor trailers hauling fill - it sure packs the driveway down.

I got some grindings or millings whatever you might call them in your area -- it is the asphalt that is ground prior to resurfacing.. we had about 60 or 70 loads of the stuff brough in - mostly tandem loads.. about 16 yeards each.. I learned to grade with the TD7/8 and then used the Bomag and the Ingersoll-rand vibrating packers to almost seal the grindings. With all the traffice, it makes a good base. In time, maybe after all the trucks are done hauling, we will top it with 2 or 3 inches of good asphalt.. gotta do the curbs first though :!: :!:

Oh, one note about the Bomags -- you don't want to drive them any distance... the one I used was up the road.. about 4 kms I guess... the float wasn't available.. so I drove it sort of, :? :roll: almost 4 kms home... NOT GONNA DO THAT AGAIN :!: :shock: :shock: :? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:35 am

Mike,
Your rock work around your place is exceptional. It looks great, how about a couple of photo's of the over all layout?
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Arizona Mike » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:38 am

I have not been keeping up lately on cub.com because this has turned into a major project. Hopefully we will put the stabilizing polymer on the AB next week. After that the brown minus granite and the final gluing 8) Was able to get 20 loads of dirt last week, so now the driveway has turned into a major landscaping thing. When I have a break I go in and look at my Cubs :( ...I have made no progress on my generator/power unit project. :( ..or any of the things I had wanted to do this winter on the Cubs :( When the driveway is finished though I will have a good outside work area

Here are a few more pictures.

Last edited by Arizona Mike on Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
George Willer

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:26 pm

Mike,
You have a beautiful place there, your hard work has paid off! You should be proud. You sound like my Dad after he retired, he got so busy he said he would have to go back to work to rest!
Sure looks like a great place for a Cubfest West!!
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Arizona Mike » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:04 am

I'm finally finished with the AB surface. :shock: It took me a liitle longer because I edged around the AB with a 4-5" deep trench to form a little stem wall for the crushed granite and glue.

It is very smooth and should make a good surface for the finish material, brown 1/4" minus crushed granite. We had 25 T delivered yesterday and have begun to spread it.

Today the president of SoilWorks is coming down to see the job and oversee the gluing process. He is bringing an implement that mixes the glue thoroughly into the 3" of brown crushed granite. When this has been done we will roll it out and let it dry.
Last edited by Arizona Mike on Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
George Willer

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck

Postby Carm » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:48 am

Cant wait to see the final roll!

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:08 am

Great job Mike. 8)

Is that a freshly painted cub trailer I see in the background :?:

If so, when and where did you find it :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Arizona Mike » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:40 am

Chad Falkenberg, SoilWorks owner/pres., was here all day last Friday. Very smart young man. Not a day over 30 yr. old. He helped us to put the glued minus material down correctly.

He brought down the tilling implement. It is similar in design to a small road reclaimer. When the glue is applied the implement mixes it thoroughly to a depth if 3" Then the granite and glue is rolled out with a small 1.5 T roller to make a smooth hard finish.

Got a FREE UPGRADE :shock: :D :D . : We had intended to go with about 1.5" of minus, but using the tilling implement requires that we use a minimnum of 3" to keep the implement from pulling up any AB roadbed underneath and putting limestone into the granite/glue mixture.
Last edited by Arizona Mike on Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
George Willer

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Arizona Mike » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:42 am

We have spread out 70 T of the 1/4" minus brown crushed granite now and its all been glued. Today we will sweep in a little more minus material here and there and apply a topical glue coating.

Yes Bud, you are correct. I was wondering if anyone would spot my Christmas present from Anni. :D :D :D. 1956, Model 528, Cub Trailer.
George Willer

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”