This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pull Tractor Questions Need Answers

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Brandon Webb
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40741
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub High Crop
1969 International 140
1975 International Cub

Cub 174 Planter with Row Markers
Cub 201 Planter with Row Markers
No. 27 Corn and Pea Attachments
No. 12 Rotary Weeder Attachment
Pittsburg Carry-Lift
Brookfield Buzz Saw
IH McCormick Seed Plate Test Stand

Pull Tractor Questions Need Answers

Postby Brandon Webb » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:50 pm

Looking for some info on building a Farmall M or H pull tractor. Are the aluminum wheels to get you into a lower weight class. I guess the lower weight class would just be easier on parts? Would an M or H be better. I know the H would be lighter but where can I find some info on just farmall pull tractors. Thanks Brandon.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Steve Butram » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:18 pm

Brandon go over to the Red Power web site and ask there are a few pullers on there from time to time. Also there were some light weight alloy transmission covers produced my guess they are hard to find and the price would be frighting. Good luck Steve
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

Daniel H.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27055
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super A
1955 Cub Lo-boy
1955 Ferguson TO-35
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Daniel H. » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:42 pm

I think the general idea it to get into the lighest class you can and then be the heaviest you can in that class. Also, by removing excess weight from the tractor you can add it back in the "right" places for the best traction. If you've nevered pulled before you might want to start in the "stock" class to get a feel for what you would like to do.
The four most expensive words in tractor restoration: "We might as well..."

cityfarmer
10+ Years
10+ Years

powerin power

Postby cityfarmer » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:18 pm

Well brandon it looks like u got alot to learn about, but its ok its a fun process. I have been tractor pulling since I was born, my mother, aunt and grandfather all do it. In fact, we are kinda a force to be reckened with in southwestern PA and Ohio. But for your question the purpose of tin wheels or aluminum is to loose some weight. The meaning for that is so that you can get into a lighter class, which hopefully lets you run a higher gear and have more power. However, the key to pulling, well you just have to email me for that secert map103@pitt.edu. But it all depends on what your pulling and what class a,b,c and weight class you want to pull. If you are confused email me and ill explain everything you need to get started...Good luck!
-michael-

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”