This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Private Message Question

How do I.... ?
Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Private Message Question

Postby Merlin » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:45 pm

I received an e-mail that I had a private message and clicked on the link and read it. I also had about 2 dozen more I didn't know about. That is the first time I received an e-mail. When I open the Cub board, I look up and see the same message every time, "You have no new messages" and the little icon is never lite up? Is this the way it is supposed to look?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Re: Private Message Question

Postby johnbron » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:54 pm

Merlin wrote:
That is the first time I received an e-mail. When I open the Cub board, I look up and see the same message every time, "You have no new messages" and the little icon is never lite up? Is this the way it is supposed to look?

Merlin it is supposed to say that you have New message/s along with an eMail reminder with each new P.M.. You should tell dennis about it and he will look into fixin it.
Then came Bronson

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:42 pm

Merlin, the option for e-mail notification of private messages is set up in your profile. You might want to review your profile and make sure it is enabled.
The pop-up message will only show 1 time for each new message and the banner line will only indicate the first time you open the page. In other words, if you go into the forum index and the window pops up and you leave the index before going to the message, the next time you go back to the forum index it will say there are no new messages. Even though you never went to the message and read it.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:49 pm

Depending on what combination of system, web browser and browser options you are using, pop-ups may not be displayed. I am using Intenet Explorer and have pop-ups blocked but with this site explicitly listed to allow pop-ups.

Merlin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Merlin » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:54 pm

It must be me somehow. I call myself looking each time I open the Cub board, but that must not be the case. I'll keep an eye on it. I have it set up in my profile to "Notify on new Private Message". Yes Jim, I am using W/XP and have it set for this site to allow pop-ups, but very few other sites. Thanks Jim & Bigdog

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”