This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I know, don't tell me it's green and yellow!

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

I know, don't tell me it's green and yellow!

Postby Patbretagne » Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:48 pm

:oops: But only just, it is a Lanz after all, it just happened to be produced in the Manheim factory just after Mr Deere or should that be Herr? recapitalised the Lanz Factory and continued producing the lanz range of tractors for a few years till I think 1962 when "ordinary" tractors started to come off the assy line, they got as far as doubling the number of cylinders as John Deere!
Back to the line, this beast, a 30hp full diesel, as opposed to the semi- diesel of our Lanz 5506. It was built 59/60 is a 2816 model and is seized and the bigend is run. My feeling is that it ran short of oil, big end went bang bang bang, and gently came to a stall as the piston seized in the bore. Apart from that it is not nearly as worn as the 5506, no play on the steering nor seemingly in the transmission, but we shall see.
2 owners ago a garage, old Lanz agent, tried unseizing it and managed to move the piston a bit up it's bore and gave up, next owner, my vendor, took it home and put it with his collection of Lanz in his warm underground garage so I think it hasn't deteriorated much since.
As you all know we have a couple of projects for this year so the Dear John is going to be put back into mothballs under cover till perhaps 2007/8 when I will take the cylinder and piston out and see what can be done, I have a contact for another Cylinder and piston if needed, but we whall see.
So there you are another addition to my retirement fund of activity.
Pat
Last edited by Patbretagne on Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:15 pm

8) Pat I like it :!:

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

yaume
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby yaume » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:34 am

I'm Voiceless...

next one should be a vierzon...then you should find a SOM 40, then a Vendeuvre, then a Fend dieselross, then a deutz F1L514, And may be a pony. (cherry one the cake would be an DB cropmaster).

Then you'll be able to opem a museum...

Congratulation Pat (and jalousy...)

keep us posted
what makes my cub very rare is that it's the only one I've ever owned.

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:45 am

Pat, Great looking machine! The sheet metal looks very good. You would probably have to do the engine work, anyway. so maybe you're ahead in the long run. With those fenders and railing the way they are, I guess back in the old days the family could drive the tractor to town on a Saturday night. :lol: Larry

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub