This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Red Power Magazine Readers

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Red Power Magazine Readers

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:52 pm

I'm sure that most of you that read RPM know that I generally write one article for each issue. (Whether you read them or not is another question, not sure I want the answer to that.) I am looking at ideas for future articles. I need to have them in mind going into show season so I know material to look for and what picture opportunities to grab.

If you have any topics you would like to see in an article, let me know and I will take them into consideration. Keep in mind that the magazine covers all things International so we have to keep the Cub content under control. Yes Cub-Bud, I do remember that you are patiently waiting for something on the A & B. It is on my list. If an idea is too broad or too narrow for an article, feel free to suggest it anyway. Sometimes I can use a piece of a topic or use something in part of an article.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:41 pm

:D 8) :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:13 pm

Jim:

Maybe this is kind of broad in scope, but I hope not. It might also appeal to other IH enthusiasts who may have implements as part of their passion.

I would kind of like to see an article on some of the Horse Drawn stuff that could be used with the Cub or even the A.. (I am looking at the A across the street from me.... and I gotta talk the better half into it...).

I am kind of interested in implements such as the seeders, pickers such as Potato Diggers and stuff like that there..

I really would like to see if there was an IH digger that I might be able to get hold of... I like mine, but it is a Massey Harris -- right colour, wrong shade... :!: :roll: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

W6NZ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby W6NZ » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:28 pm

Rudi,
I really would like to see if there was an IH digger that I might be able to get hold of... I like mine, but it is a Massey Harris -- right colour, wrong shade

:wink:

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:43 pm

I would like to see something on the Cub 174 runner planter.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:40 pm

Thanks for the input guys.

Rudi,
I could probably do something on implement hitches that were supplied to convert machines from horse to tractor, maybe on fundamental changes that were made to convert implements for tractor use. This may be enough for a whole article, certainly could be part of one.

I want to do more on implements. I kind of like the development history stories like I did on plows, mowers and cotton pickers. They take a lot of research though. I am leaning towards some of the more common implements for this kind of story. Something like the potato digger may not be as rich with material. Something like an overview of IH versions of some of these can be done.

WK,
The big seed planters were touched on in my vegetable article (July-August '05) and corn machines were featured recently (Nov-Dec '05). A couple of the corn articles mentioned planters but didn't say much about them. So I don't think I would go into corn planters right away. But it is certainly a topic we can get back to after a while. One model, or a group of closely related models isn't broad enough for an article, but the topic can be opened up until there is enough material. I have been thinking about doing something on listers and middlebusters (which wouldn't help much on the runner planter). Doing either one would knock out doing the other for a while.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:29 am

Jim:

Rudi,
I could probably do something on implement hitches that were supplied to convert machines from horse to tractor, maybe on fundamental changes that were made to convert implements for tractor use. This may be enough for a whole article, certainly could be part of one.

I want to do more on implements. I kind of like the development history stories like I did on plows, mowers and cotton pickers. They take a lot of research though. I am leaning towards some of the more common implements for this kind of story. Something like the potato digger may not be as rich with material. Something like an overview of IH versions of some of these can be done.

This would be really interesting, and something that I would enjoy and also would proved exceptionally helpful. We have a number of Horse Drawn Implements that I would like to be able to use... one in particular has a lot of family history -- McCormick-Deering/IH #10 Dump Rake (12 foot) which belonged to Em's Great Grand Pa... is one that really would make her happy if I could get resotored and useable.

This would be interesting as well, although my mower is a cough/cough ahem, Frost and Woods New 8, the article certainly would apply and be an interesting read..

Tht would be useful... and there are enough basic types of diggers from the rotating wizard to the chain style delivery belt to make it interesting to a lot of people.

Listers and Middlebusters would be a good thing too, as they is a lot of uncertainty about them and their proper use, especially for those of us who do not see them all the time...

Of course, just about whatever you write on Jim, it is always well done, interesting and a good read, so have at it my friend. I always look forward to your articles..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:34 am

Rudi wrote:Jim:

Rudi,

This would be really interesting, and something that I would enjoy and also would proved exceptionally helpful. We have a number of Horse Drawn Implements that I would like to be able to use... one in particular has a lot of family history -- McCormick-Deering/IH #10 Dump Rake (12 foot) which belonged to Em's Great Grand Pa... is one that really would make her happy if I could get resotored and useable.

Of course the short answer on a conversion is to cut the tongue off at some appropriate length and bolt a pair of straps to the new end so it can be pinned to the tractor hitch.

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:09 am

Jim, If you did an article on Cub-bud's B, it would be interesting to discuss the exhaust lift functions and controls. Larry

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:44 am

I don't know how to express this thought. Location and distribution of antique tractors and tractor parts.

Several years ago I was reading a history of a small west central Iowa town. The publication listed a Fordson dealership in the early 1920's (?). Growing up in the area, I never saw one of the Fordsons although there should still be a few hidden in the fence rows in the area.

Eugene

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:41 pm

Jim:

Of course the short answer on a conversion is to cut the tongue off at some appropriate length and bolt a pair of straps to the new end so it can be pinned to the tractor hitch.

But that wouldn't be any fun and sure would give the Correct Police a conniption fit... :oops: 8) :lol: :lol:

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:48 pm

"Jim, If you did an article on Cub-bud's B, it would be interesting to discuss the exhaust lift functions and controls."

Larry, if I am not mistaken, Jim has written a piece on the pneumatic lift for RED POWER MAGAZINE. I am still gathering missing parts to my lift, so it is not functional yet. :roll:

Jim has a B Farmall with a lift on it. It may have been inspirational in the writing of his lift-all article. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
61 and 63 Cub Cadet Originals
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:12 pm

I did see one on ePay a while back, I should have watched it...

Johnny

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:17 pm

Cub-bud, I'm a little embarassed! :oops: I don't get the mag. But after Jim talked about writing the articles I was going to subscribe, honest. I looked at their website and I guess you have to either call or write them. I could probably get that back issue?
I have all the exhaust lift parts for my "B", but haven't had a chance to work on it. I may have a couple of extra parts. What do you need? I have 2 cylinders but I haven't checked either out so I'd want to hang on to both. I have an extra manifold that I purchased on epay, but the seller put it loose in a 2-3 cubic ft. box with no packing, no nothing! And it broke in 2-3 pieces. I complained about so it was settled and I kept it. But you would think that the seller who had sold a bunch of stuff on epay would have more concern or knowledge! Go figger! Anyway, I have that, and I think, a valve. Sometimes those things go for the price of gold on epay. Back to business, I am going to subsribe to Red Power Magazine. Larry

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:32 pm

Larry, that back issue would be the September-October, 2003 issue. Back issues are $4.00 each.

I think Jim used his B Farmall as a model for the pics. 8)

Greg Norman

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”