This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Red Power Magazine Readers

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:32 pm

The Lift-All article was the first one I did for RPM. I believe that it and all later issues are still available. The Cub feature issue (Nov-Dec '03) was listed as sold out for a while but they found a small stash of them. As a Cub person, it is the issue you want to be sure to have.

Best way to get a back issue or subscribe is to call them.

The original location/distribution of equipment would potentially be interesting. Would be tough to find much authoritative information on it. Shipping records to the various zone offices would be cool if any existed.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul_NJ » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:10 pm

Jim

This may be too broad of a topic, but I would think an article on loaders would be very valuable. It took me quite awhile to find out, for example, the differences between a 1701 and a 2000 and a 2001 when I was looking for a loader to install on my 340U. Judging by the inquiries on this and other sites, there is alot of confusion concerning what types were made, what their capabilities are, and on what tractors they are appropriate. Perhaps this was addressed in earlier issues . . . I've only been receiving the magazine for less than two years.

Thanks

Paul
51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:39 pm

I don't know of anything that has already been done on loaders. It would be a pretty broad topic, especially to go into the detail you describe. IH made so many variations of most implements that an article on any specific implement can only go so far. Without doing any research, my guess is that a loader article could go into types i.e. trip bucket vs. hydraulic, one way vs. two way power, different pump mounts, integral frame etc, but could not exhaustively cover specific models.

Definitely a possibility.

Bermuda Ken
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53536
Tractors Owned: Tractors owned past/present:

Farmall.....F-1206, F-806 sn#501.

Cub Cadet...Original(s), 122, Spirit of 76, 1200, 1250, 1450, 782, 782 Diesel (2), 984, 982, CADET 000 LT Prototype.

Postby Bermuda Ken » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:43 am

How about a "correct police" snipet. Point out the VERY obvious things we look for (wrong decals, clear coat paint, wrong muffler, mismatched tinwork, fantasy tractor model, homemade parts or ???, ect).

Not everyone wants thier machine "factory" but for those who do, this could list a few of the guidelines to follow to avoid getting a "citation"..... 8)
Cub Cadets....Engineered for people who know better!

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:22 am

Jim, Thanks for the info. I subscribed to the magazine and ordered that back issue. 8) I thought of another subject, although I guess you have more than enough already. What about discussing IH tools? I bet we all have vintage tools that we are collecting, but I only have 2-3 IH tools. Were there very many variations, and are they collectable? Larry

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:31 pm

Hmmm, Correct Police at 10 paces? I think I may want to leave that topic for you guys that write the "Originality" books.

Tools could potentially cover a lot of ground. I can think of 3 categories: included with a machine, dealer sold accesories, marketing trinkets. Any one would be more than enough for a story. The third group probably shouldn't be confused with real tools.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:38 am

Tractors, implements and implement parts used as lawn ornaments. Since we are throwing out ideas.

Eugene

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:50 am

Eugene wrote:Tractors, implements and implement parts used as lawn ornaments. Since we are throwing out ideas.

Eugene

Along that line, I thought about a story on old IHC dealership buildings and whatever non-ag purpose they are being used for today. For example, I know of one prototype style building that is now a restaurant and another that is now a paper and party supply store.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:00 am

Jim, how about an article on the collectors themselves rather than the collectables? Who collects old red iron and why? You should get lots of mileage out of that.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:08 pm

Another concept/idea. What's hiding in your old barn, garage, just out of sight from the road?

Long short story. Worked my way through college working for my uncle, a farmer. One day I opened the doors to an old garage on a farm my uncle had rented for a number of years. The garage was packed full of antique clocks.

Eugene

nosih
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby nosih » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:11 pm

Jim Becker wrote:Hmmm, Correct Police at 10 paces? I think I may want to leave that topic for you guys that write the "Originality" books.

Jim,

I like the originality idea.. Heck, you could place a picture your "badge" in the article.. Not to mention a photo of each "officer" or each officer's badge.. I think there were 6 or 7 officers deputized at the last true correct police meeting in Bloomsburg. I think mike has the roster....

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:49 am

How about a gun fight - shoot out taking place in/at an IH dealership?

Happened this past summer at Schaeperkotter (573) 943-6323 Case/IH Cub Cadet dealer, Mount Sterling, Missouri.

Reported locally in the "The Unterrified Democrat", Box 109, Linn, Missouri 65051. Telephone (573) 897-3150.

Schaeperkotter has a web site.

Mount Sterling is on the very western edge of Gasconade county, Missouri. More information might be obtained from the county seat, Hermann, Missouri newspapers.

Eugene

Bill Blansett
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bill Blansett » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:03 pm

Jim, this tractor collecting and restoration thing is a fast growing hobby. Many of those involved never grew up on a farm or had the school of hard knocks experience. I think it would be benificial and useful to have an article on SAFETY, using and running these old tractors. OSHA was only that little town in Wis....... when these were built. It is a subject that can be repeated and always useful. I always look forward to your writings in Red Power. Keep up the good work. I feel it is no easy task to get such articles ready. Thanks, Bill

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”