This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I Ain't No Carpenter

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
LiL' Red
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61423
eBay ID: woodpecker56

Postby LiL' Red » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:20 pm

Has the beginnings of a very nice building. Have you considered filling it 10 horse at a time? :lol:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:19 pm

Donny:

You do not have to be a carpenter to build well. Many people I know have not taken those so-called carpentry courses and have built some wonderful buildings that are not only rugged, well built, but also handsome as can be. On the other hand, I know many unfortunately who HAVE taken those so-called carpentry courses and really need to go and find some other place of employment.... :? :shock: :!:

You are doing well my friend, and I envy not only your good fortune but being able to find the time to build the barn along with everything else you do..... :D

Congrats my friend. I am looking forward to the finished pics. 8) 8) wayyyy 8) 8)

No doubt your horses will thank you as well..

Have you considered lining the lower 2 or 3 feet of the interior walls with some type of waterproof membrane so that the stock doesn't rot out on you.. it will also allow you to wash out the stalls as well... :?: :idea: :?:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”