This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

a testiment to sea foam

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cjpenny89
10+ Years
10+ Years

a testiment to sea foam

Postby cjpenny89 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:41 am

Hey guys this wasn't used in the tractor but my wife's car. I used sea foams transmission cleaner. I did as the directions said. I used this becasue the car when you put in drive would just rev up the tranny would fianly slam its self into drive. I thought what the heck for $7 I will try the sea foam. Did as the directions said and the first time I took the car out it fixed the problems and have not had another problem in 3 months.

I think I will try this out on the tractor engine with the seafoam engine cleaner.

can any of you testify to the effectiveness on engine rings and such?

Chad

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:46 am

I remeber when I used to mentione Sea Foam on here, and the responce would be Sea What??? In gas it is good to clean fuel system, as well as softneing deposits on pistons and valves. In oil it will remove sludge, etc that builds up in an old engine. One note, it is a cleaner, not a magic fixall. If rings are worn, etc. it will not help. If they are sticking it may help. I put it in the gas of all my vheicles eveyt 6 months or so, and put some in the oil of the tractors every couple of years and work them for and hour or two just before changing oil.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
61 and 63 Cub Cadet Originals
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:20 am

I put this in my oil, and I bought an aerosol can and sprayed some into the carb, and it stopped smoking :!: probably just carbon, but it stopped

Johnny

TOOLMAN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 90210

Postby TOOLMAN » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:28 am

I too used SeaFoam
Just before removing my cracked Head and look how clean it was when I opened it up

I need to mention the brass wire wheel helped a bit to
but the carbon all came off in less then 5 mins
Nice!
3969 Members

1954 Cub quick hitch /Plow
1947 Ford 2N
1948 Green Machine Model M (i know)
Knowledge Is Power
and Power is Knowledge
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten."

LiL' Red
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61423
eBay ID: woodpecker56

Sea Foam

Postby LiL' Red » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:15 pm

I've used sea foam on several old engines, seems to help loosen stuck rings better than anything I've tried.
Country may want to argue that point!

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:04 am

Hey Lil Red...No arguments here Son 'bout Seafoam...IT'S GREAT! I use it in ALL my engines (Cars, Tractors, the Boat)!!! :wink: I've got an engine "knock" in my 1971 JD 112 10 H.P. Kohler...I'm gonna try usin' Kano's KREEN in the engine to see if it'll save on havin' to do an engine tear-down. I'll post how it does! :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Rubee
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Rubee » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:53 pm

I've not used the sea foam gas additive yet to clean carbon deposits but plan on adding some soon. I've used the sea foam penetrant plus other brands. Sometimes they work great and sometimes I don't have enough patience. I worked as a tradesman for an auto parts manufacturor and the tool crib always stocked Kroil so that's what I have faith in for the "really tough" jobs.--Rubee

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”