This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

200 Clutch Housing fit my Super A?

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

200 Clutch Housing fit my Super A?

Postby allenlook » Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:17 pm

Per the subject - will a clutch housing from a 200 fit my Super A?

If not, will other models fit? I'm assuming the one from the A would fit but would not be easy to fit my hydraulic unit onto?
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:01 pm

There were some part number changes. But it looks like anything up through a 140 or 230 will fit. You will need to watch the clutch release bearing and related parts to make sure you have a compatible set of parts.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Super A » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:14 am

I must've missed something. Why do you need to replace the clutch housing? FWIW the "A" housing will be different--no provision to mount the Touch Control reservoir and the implement mounting holes are backwards. Also the 230 housing has a built-in reservoir. Not sure what that would affect.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Housing

Postby allenlook » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:30 am

The Henderson loader mount on the left hand side is not only bolted, but also welded to the clutch housing.

The welds do not look deep, but if I cannot neatly separate the two, I would prefer to replace the clutch housing outright than try to repair it.

My other option of course is to be less graceful with the loader mount to preserve the clutch housing as much as possible, and then repair the loader mount. Not knowing what I'll see when I get behind that plate, I'm just trying to figure out what my options are.

Why is Wenger's so much more expensive than everyone else? Or am I just looking at a sampling of parts that seems to be twice what everyone else is asking?
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:40 am

Allen I have been saying that about Wengers for the last 2 years. I had a very bad oner priced thing with them when I did't know any better.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby allenlook » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:46 am

I never really searched their web site before, but last night it was a REAL eye opener :shock:

I will say they have one of the better searchable databases for parts, but not so great that it fetches twice the price. I'll gladly search an extra 5 minutes to save that much money.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”