This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Little red wagon

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Little red wagon

Postby cowboy » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:51 pm

I am not a painter :!: :!: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :!: I have the wagon primed right now it says to wait 24hrs for the next coat. I ran extra acetone in it and it is going to get 2hrs before I put the color on it! I thought I would have it primed by noon NOT :!: :!: :!: :!: But it is suposed to rain tonite and I do not want it to rain on the primer. I had to paint it in the yard becuse I cannot get any paint in dancers hay. Oh well wild bill's gettin' R done :!: :!: :!: :wink:

Just a bunch of parts this morning

Well ended up with one run in the primer. My back is sore. 3/4 gallon of primer 1 gallon red paint. I thought one used more primer than paint :?: Hopfully I can get it mounted on the running gear without scraching it. Ran out of wire brush cups and paint didn't get the grain door done or the hardware.

See I told you I could not paint :!: :!: :!: :!: I went through two cuped wire wheels today boy I hate painting. I think I am wearing as much as I put on! I have never used sprayer before went to harbor freight yesterday and bought a HLV gun. Wow is my back sore :!: Well ended up with one run in the paint wher I hit the tie strap holding up the panels.

Thanks Ron :!: Up here 1 2x12x10 was the same price as 2- 2x6x10's and I think 2- 2x8x10's will finish the floor. I will let you know. :idea: I was just thinking less planking = less joints for grain to fall through.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:12 pm

Good job Cowboy!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:37 am

That is just great Billy, don't overtax that poor ole back, keep it supple, but continue the good work, that is going to look so good behind your Cub even if it will dwarf it a bit?
Look forward to seeing the photos of them together.
And all in such short time!
Pat

Mac from NS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mac from NS » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:29 am

Billy you shore made that look nice. A big tank would have been nice
to put that in.
Take a little time to play,you don't grow old as fast that way.

Mac

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:03 am

Man you one busy little beaver. with that speed Ralph better look out.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:12 am

Thanks Bigdog :!: I'am still not shure what I am going to do with it but I like it :!:

Hi Pat :D I am suprised I feel pretty good this morning. Sholders and arms are a little sore. My back feels better than usuall. I got the Cd thursday but haven't looked at it yet been busy outside :wink:

Hi Mac 8) Ron is going to do his by making a tempory "tank" with plastic sheeting. I was just in a hurry agin :!:

Hi Bill how it going :?: Ralph has no compedition from me. I had to get on and hit it hard or it will be parts till forever. Gotta get it right the first time if I don't I will let it slide and just use it. I took the lid off paint can and said wow thats RED :!: I like it :!:

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:36 am

Hey Billy...I can't help but see your GREAT red wagon becoming a Hay Ride wagon for parades and Fall punkin' gatherin'!!! :wink: I'm even invisioning a side-hinged "trap door" on the back panel for easy access for "small paraders" or an RV style aluminum ladder mounted on the back panel (that way you can still use it as a grain wagon too) :wink: SOoooo many possibilities!!! :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

DuxburyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby DuxburyFarmall » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:58 am

Looks Great Billy!

Chad
'51 Cub and a 60's Cub Lo-Boy

evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43130
eBay ID: evilboweviel

Postby evielboweviel » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:50 pm

looking good you definitely are moving faster than me
Ron

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:05 pm

Hey Country how's it goin :!: I am going to leave the grain doors off make a step and a swinging gate for the back.

Thanks Chad

Hi Ron before you put yours together measure the with of the box and the with of the ears on the running gear. Found out last nite the box was 1.5 inches narower than the ears. So one of yours is probally too wide. I am going to torch the ears off and move them in tommrow. What a job burshing it down I sholud have done like you plan and make a electrolis pad. Knocked off a valve stem with the wire wheel on the body grinder so now its tim for a tube.

Billy

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:22 am

WOW!! That's looking great, Billy. You should bring it to Cubfest, just put the Lister in ther back and drive on down! It really does look great, take it easy on the back you only got one!

Ron W.
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:31 am

:D Thanks Ron

How are you doing :?: Things are going ok up here. Got the yard all riped up. I think I am ready to seed it. I hope to have the wagon about done today. Got the engine plate for my lister yeaterday. So many projects I do not know where to start :!: Computer is all messed up been on and off line for the last week.

Billy

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:05 am

Billy,
I got too many projects too :shock: I did manage to get the garden all taken care of this weekend. I got my disc setup working and really ripped it up well. I posted some pictures for Rudi in the "need a lift"
thread. See ya at Cubfest!

Ron W.
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”