This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Prayer Requested

Prayer Requests, Family Announcements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc.
grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby grumpy » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:35 pm

Anna has our prayers as do you. God Bless and hoping for the best. Dave
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines

Postby Jeff Silvey » Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:38 am

Prayers are coming from my end for you and your mother.
Jeff
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:28 am

Phil, hope your mom is not in too much pain and that she will make a speedy and total recovery. A broken femur sounds very serious. We will have Anna Mae in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there and do whatever you can for your mom. :(
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:14 pm

Has anyone heard an update yet from Phil?

It's just been on my mind lately, as I've related the story of the disinterested neighbour to some aquaintances, all with the same reaction of horror.

--Tom

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:21 am

Update on my Mother. They took her to surgery at about 3:30 Pm and she got out about 6:00. Went well, She is resting. They put a rod between her artificial knee and hip. (Bionic woman) She will be in the hospital for about 11 days , after that she is going to a local Nursing home for about 6-9 months ,depending on recovery. We as a family will be talking to the folks at the home to see what needs to be done around the house, to make it accessible for her to get around. Time will tell. Sounds like we will have to put in a wheel chair ramp,and do something to the bathroom to start. If any good came out of it it has brought my Brothers and sister together again. Seems we go our own way for a time then things like these bring us back to our roots again. It is our turn to take care of Mom for all the years she has unselfishly taken care of us.
Thanks for allyour prayers thus far. Please continue to pray for us as a family , as there will be hurdles to get over.
Phil
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:39 am

Glad to hear that there is some progress in the right direction.

Bill & Bev
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

400lbsonacubseatspring
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 400lbsonacubseatspring » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:27 pm

Phil,

That sounds promising for a start.

Your mother sounds like an independent enough soul that she will heal as fast as possible.

An orthopaedic surgeon friend of mine once said that his profession had more in common with carpentry, than it did with medicine. I can see how that would apply in this case.

I know that healing and physical therapy are the reasons for the stay in the nursing home, but please, please, keep them on their toes. All nursing homes are not created equal, and all nurses aides are not either. These days, though, sometimes you receive better care in a nursing home than you do in a hospital. In my late wife's case, however, there were times when the attending physician ordered things that were beyond the knowledge of the nursing home staff, and I had to actually instruct them on some procedures, or have the physician do so, if they did not trust me, being a layman. That's the sort of thing I'm trying to warn you about. When a patient is elderly or, as in my wife's case, confused, it is tempting sometimes to them, to not follow procedures properly. You have nurses in your family, I believe, so rely upon their advice.

There have been discussions in medical fields about doing complete femur replacement in patients requiring both hip and knee replacements. I think your mother's case is good evidence for advocating this.

Best wishes to all of you, and prayers for a continued good recovery for your mother.

--Tom

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:57 pm

Phil,

Another thing to be aware of... PLEASE! don't allow any nursing home to take care of filling prescriptions... do it yourself. There are crooks out there who will make up charges out of thin air. My Pop had good prescription insurance and in the last month of his life those crooks charged $1056.17 in unauthorized charges in addition to what they were able to con the insurance company (Aetna) out of. After 6 months I'm still getting nasty letters from them demanding payment.

I hate to mention names, but the guilty party's initials are Omnicare Of Perrysburg.

I wish I had been forewarned, it's a nightmare!
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:09 pm

My prayers continue to go out to you, your family and your mother...

May her recovery continue to be a speedy one...

God's blessings and peace to you!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:38 am

Thanks for the heads up. You are right George. Seems this is a ongoing problem with the insurance and hospitals. We have an in home ask a nurse.(Sheila) My wife.
If it hadn't been for her. My parents would have gone to the wolves. My Dad is at the VA home in Sandusky ,Ohio. (Alzheimers).Would have had unnecessary tests and the likes. Putting my Mom in the poor house. She is Medical power of Attorney for them. Thank God for my wife. Again Thank you all for you prayers. We still have a mountain to climb. Keep em coming. I can't express how much it means to our family. Being ushered to the throne of God on a daily basis.
Phil
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:31 am

our families prayers are with yours, John.

bjgravley
10+ Years
10+ Years

prayers

Postby bjgravley » Tue May 09, 2006 3:19 am

my prayers are with you

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue May 09, 2006 5:17 am

Being in constant contact with the nursing home helps too. My mom was in the best home i can imagine for her last few months. Mom had been in St Elizebeths for successful rehab a few years earlier too. She had 2 or more visiters every day. On the occassion of a snow storm there were 2 visiters for the day in a 4 story home. My dad was 1 and I was the other. That we were interested in Mom by being there for her and that we would see and do things for other residents showed up in the overall treatment for every one and especially for mom. When near the end dad was there for a time we were there for him too and the nursing administrator actually thanked us for passing our observations on. The aides and nurses were hugs and kisses as were a few old time residents. You have to put in face time to make the staff feel appreciated and they react as I would by trying their best. Mind you I am talking about happenings in the big faceless heartless New York. If it works as the song says it will work any where. Your interest and visits will help moms spirit and may speed her recovery.
One of my grand mothers had a stroke and was in a coma for 4 1/2 years, 2 of which she was brain dead. A feeding tube kept her alive.
This senseless torture has made my family big on healthcare proxy and living wills. I had no problem giving DNR and No feeding tube insertion for mom for I knew it was her wish. One of my nieces who is an MD reccommended that we hydrate mom for it would make it easier for her and less painlful so of course I followed Barbaras reccommendation. You have the fortunate part of rehab and return to home
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Sharing with Friends and Family”