This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Finally the yard is done

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:22 am

Gitractorman thanks yep takes a lot of getting off standing back looking at it from different angles to get the grade right. The front yard I had to wait for a rain to see if it would drain without puddles. The back yard as you can see has plenty of fall :!:

Hi Rudi I had to run out this morning and just look at it :!: Definitly use the left side of the blade when doing a hard cut. Gets you heart goin' when you hit a rock or root on the right side of the blade and that right rear tire jumps off the ground :!: :!:

Donny you know I would love to come down there and Play :!: :!: Why did they have to put Texas so far from Michigan :?:

Yea John thats it :!: Not done yet but hopfully soon.

Thanks Country :wink: Looking forward to seeing you agin at cubfest :!: I had to break down and that roller new :cry:

Thanks Rick :P Mowers going back on today. I started by wanting to fix two little problems in 1/4 the area I ended up with. Everyone seems to want power angle on their blade. I can live without that. But what I would give for power tilt :!: :!: I do have some :idea: 's on that though.

Hey Bill how ya doin :?: Its a whole lot different having to ballence out what you have rather just dumping out a truck load of dirt and spreading it out. You know once I started I had to make it look good :!: Never live it down if I didn't :!:

Thanks Ron :D Actually I got up on the roof of the house for it. You know I would love to give you a hand :!: The tilt on the blade is too course to do more than rough it in. Then you have to set the blade flat get the rear tires on the angle you want and carry you grade from there and work ti till you get where you want :wink:

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

DuxburyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby DuxburyFarmall » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:22 pm

Looks great Billy!

Chad
'51 Cub and a 60's Cub Lo-Boy

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:49 pm

Billy, You sure got that right... I've always thought loader buckets and blades should have ailerons to keep you from making slow rolls (pilot lingo) when grading. That would be much more helpful than blade angling. Scruffy's grader blade is sloppy enough that it doesn't matter much.

I think we discussed this topic when you were here?
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:53 pm

That is beautiful Billy!

Too bad you live so far away or I would give ya the gang reel mowers I got the other day, only work good on a 'perfect' lawn and it looks like you will have one!
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby cowboy » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:06 am

8) Thanks Chad :!:

:P George we shure did :!: I am going to make bushings for the arms at the back mount for mine to tighten it up. Although for pushing snow a "loose" blade is better. I was having to work around the left side of the blade hanging 3/4 inch lower than the right.

Thanks Larry :idea: I don't get too worried about the lawn. The four wheeler gets ridden everywhere. And dancer like leaving hoof prints all over too.

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:10 am

Cowboy wrote:8) I am going to make bushings for the arms at the back mount for mine to tighten it up. Although for pushing snow a "loose" blade is better. I was having to work around the left side of the blade hanging 3/4 inch lower than the right.

Billy

I was having that trouble with Scruffy until I corrected a low left tire!
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Clem
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48463
Tractors Owned: 1956 FAST HITCH CUB
MODEL 10 CUB TRAILER
2 1950 Demonstrators

Postby Clem » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:40 am

nice work cowboy, looks like fun. I just got my woods mower running and mowed my grass. What fun.

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Finally the yard is done

Postby cowboy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:10 am

Cowboy wrote::P Lots of seat time guys :D Cubs been running 8hrs a day all week 8) Got the front yard done tuesday. The back yard what a mess. Three different steps. Holes, sharp drop offs roots stumps. Dug up at least ten cinder blocks old footings rocks :roll: Disk it graded it. Disk it again cut it down. Go out farther to get more dirt to level it regrade it. Do it again :!: Some spots got 18" filled in to get it to grade :shock: Its amazing how good the cub is for finish grading :lol: 8)

Got up on the roof for this picture :wink:

Seeded rolled and fertilized ready for rain :!:

I a happy puppy now boys :P :P :!: Can't wait till its green :lol:

This is the yard two months after I planted the grass. I continuously watered it. Fertilized it lightly when I planted it and once again after it was a inch tall.

And this is the back yard before I started working on it.

Billy

evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43130
eBay ID: evilboweviel

Re: Finally the yard is done

Postby evielboweviel » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:33 am

looking good!!!!!!!!!!!
Ron

Return to “Farmall Cub”