This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

irrigation problem?

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
peyton
10+ Years
10+ Years

irrigation problem?

Postby peyton » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:17 pm

I'M SURE A LOT OF YOU HAVE GARDENS. I LOVE MINE, I CAN USE MY CUB TO WORK IN IT. MY PROBLEM IS LAST YEAR I PUT ALL THAT TIME IN TO MY GARDEN AND A VERY HOT SUMMER ALMOST WIPED EVERY THING OUT. SO TODAY I DROVE DOWN A 2'' SAND POINT. THE POINT IS 18FT TO WATER. WITH 6FT OF WATER IN IT. THERE IS NO POWER CLOSE TO THE WELL, SO A ELETRIC PUMP WON'T WORK. LOOKING AT TRASH PUMPS BUT NOT SURE IF IT WILL DRAW WATER THE 18FT FROM THE GROUND. IF A TRASH PUMP WILL WORK THEY RUN A LOT MORE WATER OUT THAN SAY ONE FOR MY HOUSE 3200 GPM. WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE TO HEAR ENY IDEAS ON THE PROBLEM.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:52 pm

trash pump won't draw water that far. you will need a jet or piston pump,
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:48 am

Peyton

I had the same problem with the weather here last summer. Water was too far to pump and I had five acres of sweet corn burning up. My son’s ended up filling up live stock watering tanks, hauling them to the field and attaching to a 1” water well plastic pipe I drilled a series of holes in and gravity feed the water done the rows in 20’ sections. It held the corn until the much needed rain came…. Thank God!!!!

This is the irrigation system in action:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Jackf/100_0748.jpg

This is a spot in the field during the drought last summer:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Jackf/100_0752.jpg

peyton
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby peyton » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:14 pm

thanks for the input. TODAY WENT DOWN TO THE FARM-FLEET LOOKED AT THERE GAS POWERED PUMPS. I FOUND A TRANSFER PUMP. I WAS READING THE MANUAL AT THE STORE. THE MANUAL READ THAT THE PUMP DRAW WATER UP TO 26FT. LUKEY FOR ME IT WAS ON SALE. 3.5 MOTER AND PUMP FOR ONLEY 229 DALLAR. NOT BAD, LAST YEAR I REPLACED MY ELETRIC SHALLOW PUMP IN MY HOUSE IT RAN 179. NOW TO FIGURE OUT THE BEST WAY TO DIPUREST THE WATER. LIKED JACKS IDEA. GOT A LITTLE TIME TO THINK, PROBABLE WON'T PLANT THE GARDEN FOR 2-3 WEEKS. THANKS

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”