This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Carb Question??????

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
AlanPCUBS
10+ Years
10+ Years

Carb Question??????

Postby AlanPCUBS » Wed May 17, 2006 11:15 pm

Does anyone know what this carb may have came off of originally? It was on my last cub when I got it but its no cub carb. Just trying to find out so I can try and sell it. TY Alan
[img][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c350/alanpcubs/DSC01882Small.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c350/alanpcubs/DSC01883Small.jpg[/img][/img]

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Thu May 18, 2006 10:02 am

Here's some info I've gathered over the years, sorry for the length. I copied it from a website somewhere. It won't ID the equipment it originally came off but can give you a better understanding of the type of equipment it was designed for. This applies to Zenith-USA carburetors.

Zenith carburetors produced from about 1932 to 1980 have a round tag, approximately the size of a US dime, riveted to the body of the carburetor. Original equipment carburetors will have two numbers stamped on this tag. The outer circle will be the O.E. part number (ie Allis Chalmers, GMC, IHC, etc.). The inner circle will be the Zenith number. Aftermarket carburetors made during this period will have the Zenith part number only on the tag.

Zenith carburetor produced after about 1980 will not have the round tag, but will have a tiny number stamped (never raised) in a semi-circle on the body of the carburetor.

Identification of Zeniths other than above is difficult.

The following chart has been copied from a factory Zenith publication, and will help the hobbyist understand the meaning of the Zenith models. This does NOT identify individual carburetors, only the identification number can be used for positive identification:

A – designates a carburetor where the throttle shaft is parallel to the air shutter shaft (with normal air intake).
B – designates a carburetor where the throttle shaft is at right angles to the air shutter shaft (with normal air intake).
BB – same as above but with fly opening opposite of above (B).
C – vacuum pump, NO power jet.
DA – duplex carburetor with on throttle shaft.
DB – duplex carburetor with two parallel throttle shafts.
E – elbow air intake ( for downdraft, horizontal and updraft carburetors, when the angle of the air intake differs from that of the standard of the series)
F – governor connection, opposite side from bowl or on left side.
G – a carburetor using natural gas or a combination of gasoline and natural gas for fuel
GM – special 30 series to General Motors
I – special for International Harvester, Inc.
J – back-suction economizer
L – large bowl ( model 267 carburetors)
LP – liquid petroleum gas carburetor
M2 - marine carburetor with screws, brackets, levers, and shafts in brass.
M3 – marine carburetor with brass bowl and iron barrel
M4 – marine carburetor, all brass
N – special for Novi governors
O – offset throttle shaft (only in case it differs from the standard).
P – pump (14 and 16 models)
R – governor connections, same side as bowl or on right side
S – straight thru for updraft carburetors
T – balanced or sealed bowl vent
U – universal replacement carburetor special flange c.c
V – vacuum operated power jet if the standard of the series has mechanical pump or no pump
W – vacuum pump AND power jet
X – oversize flange and/or bolt location
Y – undersize flange and/or bolt location

The following for letters FOLLOWING the carburetor size:

C – automatic choke
G – gas valve attachment for LPG
R – Facet regulator or governor
RP – Pierce governor
RZ – Mechanovac governor
S – special flange
SD – LP starting device
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”