This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Retiring the grill

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
freebird
10+ Years
10+ Years

Retiring the grill

Postby freebird » Sat May 27, 2006 10:26 am

With the holiday weekend upon us, the wife asked, "Whatcha gonna cook dear?" I replied, "Well I gotta work on the grill some, come look"

Well that ended that discussion, so we went to the mainland for all our shopping and came home with this.

It was on sale at Lowes for $349.00 and we got the last one, It's a Char-Broil "Commercial" series. I was really impressed that all the nuts were spot welded in place. The whole thing went together with a flat and phillips head screwdriver.
Tell the truth, there's less to remember!

'52 standard cub
'56 lo-boy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Sat May 27, 2006 11:35 am

Looks like you are equipped for some serious cooking now. A good looking unit. Dan

freebird
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby freebird » Sat May 27, 2006 3:32 pm

I needed a rack to hang the cleaning brush on, so picked one up at the hardware store. I also recommend the polish they sell for them as it buffed out real nicely.

'52 standard cub
'56 lo-boy

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat May 27, 2006 6:42 pm

I'll call Chris and Peg and tell them to head over your way for a party!!

Bob

freebird
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby freebird » Sun May 28, 2006 8:56 am

Sure, fine bring your favorite tools, we got lotsa chores to do!

'52 standard cub
'56 lo-boy

(CUB HUT)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47401

Postby (CUB HUT) » Sun May 28, 2006 1:40 pm

When You Get it broke in it will look like this

THE OLDER I GET ---THE BETTER I WAS

If you can read this... thank a teacher... if you are reading it in English....THANK A VET !!!

evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43130
eBay ID: evilboweviel

Postby evielboweviel » Sun May 28, 2006 3:18 pm

so what time you want us all over there??
Ron

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Sun May 28, 2006 6:52 pm

looks like we got our volunteer cooks for cubfest/cubarama :lol: Looking GREAT :!:

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun May 28, 2006 7:46 pm

freebird:

Congrats on the nice choice... Char-broil is about my 2nd most favourite BBQ on the market :!: :!: I have had my eye on one for at least 10 years now, but never quite had the pressing need to go get one..

We bought our Jacuzzi BBQ back in believe it or not 1983, Duane was 6 months old, he is now 23... It has served us very, very well over the years and has been the cooking surface for more humongeous family ge-to-gethers than I can remember. Em has a VERY large family... her Mom has 14 grandchildren, mine is almost as large - Mom has 14 grandchildren as well.., and of course with 5 kids ourselves, it can add up to a lot of BBQ's...

Anyways.. we took the grille out about 2 weeks ago to see if it was up to another year. We have already replaced the burners twice and have completely rebuilt it once already. It is very heavy cast aluminum, unlike the pot metal grilles of today. Much to our dismay, as soon as I touched the burners, the turned to dust..... And to top it off, Jacuzzi hasn't made a grille in what 22 years :!: :arrow: :wink: :shock: :lol:

So we thought, I guess we should go looking for another grille. We sort of have been keeping an eye out for a while now.. and we have checked out the Char-Broil, Fiesta, Napoleon and all the others that are found in stores such as Kent, Wal-Mart, Home Depot etc. I was disapointed to see how many of them are made in China. And the prices... from $200.00 for an entry level to $800-00 or $900.00 for a top end Char-Broil.

We turned to our trusted friends at Maritime Fireplaces who have serviced our chimney and furnace for almost 20 years. They stock a number of different lines such as Napoleon, Ducane and the Big Green Egg to name a few. While we were in looking, we were absolutely blown away by this BBQ Grille... [url=http://www.myownbbq.com/content/products/productdetails.cfm?id=279]SIGNATURE SERIES GRILLS - VCS5006
[/url]

Em and I have decided that this is the grille for us.... but it is going to take some major sheckle saving as it is $1,500.00Cdn plus tax... which is a major chunk of change. In fact it is a whole Cub or two depending on condition :idea: :arrow: :wink: :lol: :lol: But, talk about quality... amazing.. and to top it off, it is made right here in Canada... yup... that's right, Canada.. Image :!: :arrow: :wink: 8) 8) :lol:
So, our Jacuzzi is going to get rebuilt again this year if I can find decent parts for it.. and we will see if we can get this 5006 next spring in time for our 25th anniversary BBQ... who knows.. maybe the kids will see this post and have inspiration strike :!: :idea: :arrow: :shock: :lol: 8) 8) :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”