This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New Cub Cadet Owner

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

New Cub Cadet Owner

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:24 pm

Well, after a couple of years of searching for a reasonably priced, restorable, old cub cadet, I am the proud owner of one. 8) :D It is a complete 102 with mower. It is going to need some carb work to get it running and maybe some rings or, at worst, cylinder bore and oversized piston and rings. I'll be picking it up this weekend and will post pictures and serial number info. :D :D
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:39 pm

Congratulations! I picked up my first one this summer (104 serial #291008). Already love the little fella. It did not have a mower deck, but did have a push blade.

Then a couple weeks ago, I found a model #4 IH wagon just a mile down the road from my house. It was a match made in heaven.
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:46 pm

You have got the perfect set-up for tractor shows :!: Earlier this year, I purchased a little Cub Cadet trailer, with a dump bed, to use around the yard. Now that I have a cadet, I have the perfect set-up for a tractor show :!: :lol:

I might bring mine to the Cub-arama, if I can get it running in time. :roll:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Sep 09, 2003 8:21 am

If it isn't running we can paint it JD green before the show starts :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Dennis
Site Admin
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Tue Sep 09, 2003 10:01 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:If it isn't running we can paint it JD green before the show starts :lol:

Glad to see the operation didn't hurt your sense of humor John :lol:
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

[cos][/cos]

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:12 am

To crippled to run, and to big a coward to fight, so I have to make people laugh.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:11 am

I think the carb needs a good cleaning and maybe a needle and a float; it has been sitting-up for better than a year. It also has what looks like an Auto Zone steering wheel on it and a home-made seat... I will get used replacements for those.

I am not sure if I have enough room on the truck/trailer for all the stuff I want to bring to the Cub-arama :!: :roll:

Greg Norman

Dennis
Site Admin
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:56 pm

I understand that. You also may need some room to haul some more stuff back :)
Image Proud Member

[cos][/cos]

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:31 pm

Yep, that, too :!: I plan on making it out to JP's....I would like to pick-up a pair of front wheel weights, if they have them, maybe some cultivator parts, and a good battery box. With IH vendors and a swap meet at the Cub-arama, I may find all I need at the show. 8)

Greg Norman

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:59 am

Cub-bud, if you buy more than you can haul, I'll gladly store some of it for you (on my cub) :D

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:14 pm

Thanks John :!: I will take it under advisement :wink:

Greg Norman

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:53 pm

Well, here is a pic of the little guy 8) . I picked him up today :D

I have an original steering wheel on the way but, I am having trouble figuring out what seat goes on a 102. This tractor has a homemade seat on it made by the PO. There is a single seat spring under the seat he made that is original. Does this mean it is supposed to have the pan seat :?: Also, I can't find the serial number. Where is it located :?:

Greg Norman

Paul
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:54 pm

A 102 came with a white, rubber seat,with a blue metal band around the bottom. The S/N can be on the lower, right side of the transmission case, stamped into the forward raised square-ish boss, in numbers about 1/8-3/16" high, in a horizonal line. May have to clean off some paint to see it. IT IS NOT THE NUMBERS THAT ARE CAST into the case, that is a P/N. If you do not find it there, look on the top left rear of the rearend housing. Depending on when it was built, it can be either place. I will be at Cubarama and can show you, and also show you a picture of the correct seat, if you are going to be there. Just look for the Prototype Cub Cadet #409 (QFE-1911)

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:20 pm

Thanks Paul. :!: I will take a look for the serial numbers tomorrow. I will be at the Cub-arama :D . If all goes well, I should have my '55 lo-boy and '49 FCUB 8) . I don't think I will have enough room on the trailer to bring the cadet :( . See you there.

Greg Norman

Return to “Cub Cadet”