This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Onion Soup (German recipe)

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Onion Soup (German recipe)

Postby Eugene » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:37 pm

Ingredients: 1/2 liter pilsener (about 1/2 quart of beer), 200 grams (about 1/2 lb) hamburger, 2 large onions, 1/2 of a small head of cabbage, 1/2 liter meat broth, garlic, caraway, peperoni.

Preperation: Cut the onions and cabbage into small cubes, fry in butter, margarine or oil. Add 1/2 liter meat broth and 1/2 liter pilsner and cook about 15 minutes under low heat. Season to taste with garlic, caraway, pepper, sugar, a tablespoon vinegar, salt as desired and 2 finely chopped peperonis. Make dumplings for the soup by seasoning hamburger with lots of fresh spices such as marjoram, thyme, oregano, parsely and chives. Form hamburger into small dumplings and boil in the soup until done.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wise Owl
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Wise Owl » Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:00 pm

hmmmmm :D Soup with beer as an ingredient has got to be good :D

This one is on my menu list for this week. :D

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:23 pm

A lot of the German recipes use beer as an ingredient. I use beer as the liquid when making stew.

Onion soup has to be my favorite. I pulled this recipe out of the file because I love onion soup. The wife can't stand it.

Eugene

Wise Owl
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Wise Owl » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:34 pm

Eugene wrote:A lot of the German recipes use beer as an ingredient. I use beer as the liquid when making stew.

Onion soup has to be my favorite. I pulled this recipe out of the file because I love onion soup. The wife can't stand it.

Eugene

hmmmm :D

Do you put the rye bread on top of the onion soup bowl and then top with mozerella before putting it in the oven? :D Now that is good!!! :!:

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:37 pm

Eugene:

If you like onion soup, you are gonna love zweibelkuckel.... onion cake.. hmmmm now that is a real tasty treat... about once a year.. it is traditional in Bavaria and the Schartzwald..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”