Deer Season in NY

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.

Moderator: Team Cub

TallCoolOne58
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 13126
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub

Deer Season in NY

Postby TallCoolOne58 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:22 pm

Bow hunting began here (Southern Zone, barely) Oct. 1st. Nov. 3rd starts Crossbow, when I start my annual ritual. Regular (firearms) starts Nov. 17th. Can't wait. Daybreak temps are already down into the upper 30's here, and they will be moving. My better half and I both love venison, and we both enjoy deer hunting. Just 1 deer makes for many meals (we're empty nesters). We both each have a buck tag, doe tag, and bear tags. Let the games begin!
Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work-Thomas Edison

Shane Nelson
501 Club
501 Club
Zip Code: 27284
Tractors Owned: .
1947 Circle Cub #1447 (Arnold)
195? Cub
1970 International 140 (Norman)
1949 John Deere A
1972 Schramm Pneumatractor
1993 Ford 4630 W/Loader
1965 John Deere 110
1961 Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Deer Season in NY

Postby Shane Nelson » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:58 am

Do you only get 1 buck tag and 1 doe tag? Here where we live we get 2 buck tags and 4 doe tags and you can get 2 more doe tags for urban archery season after gun season goes out.
God is good, all the time!
Every home is a school, what are you teaching?
Make prayer a 1st priority, instead of a last resort.
Circle of Safety

TallCoolOne58
Cub Star
Cub Star
Zip Code: 13126
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub

Re: Deer Season in NY

Postby TallCoolOne58 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:19 pm

Shane Nelson wrote:Do you only get 1 buck tag and 1 doe tag? Here where we live we get 2 buck tags and 4 doe tags and you can get 2 more doe tags for urban archery season after gun season goes out.

In NY when you buy a Hunting license, which is good for small and big game, you get 1 buck tag and 1 bear tag, good during the Regular (firearms) season. You can apply for up to 2 doe tags, drawn by instant random computer selection. A Bow Hunting 'stamp' gets you an additional either sex tag. A muzzleloader stamp gets you an additional either sex tag. If you buy both, you get a doe tag and an either sex tag. You need a muzzleloader stamp to hunt with a crossbow.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work-Thomas Edison