Winter projects = Mini Fest!?

Farmall Cub Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dale Finch
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '55 Cub "Bertha"
'55 Cub "Ben"
'56 Cub "Boris"
'48 Super A "Bubba"
Circle of Safety: Y

Winter projects = Mini Fest!?

Postby Dale Finch » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:42 am

I'm sitting here at my farm waiting for the dew to dry on the approximately 8 acres that I want to give a final winter "hair" cut. That way, when spring comes, the new grass has a nice trim "carpet" to grow through.

I had time to start thinking about my winter projects, which include a rear seal replacement; the third of 3 cubs. Thanks Tim (tst) for supplying those reworked rear seals. Hopefully after that I won't need to keep the drip pan handy after working a tractor! I was originally planning on taking 2 tractors to DSCF, one cub for this rear seal swap, and my '48 Super A to get it running again. Instead, I decided to do the rear seal swap here, and only take the SA to Florida (assuming Mr E will pt it on the Projects List).

So, after I finish this final mowing, I will load "BEN" onto the trailer and take him home, where I am fortunate enough to have a large 2-car garage with a nice workbench.
BEN - 2   '55 CUB -1072x712.JPG

After the seal swap, and while apart, I plan to check the clutch finger adjustments, throwout bearing (TOB) condition and grease it. Then I will do a complete servicing, including fluid changes, checking points, plugs, and valve clearances, and checking timing with a timing light.

One reason for rambling on about this is that I am inviting anyone who might like to assist in and, hopefully, learn about a project they have not yet tackled (or are just crazy enough to want to give me a hand!). Also, I have always hoped more females would get into the actual "nuts and bolts" of these tractors, since they are fairly simple and managable for a woman to deal with.

So, if anyone is interested in joining me, let me know. You are welcome to bring any sons and/or daughters or wives or husbands!! Make it a family affair! I have a spare bedroom if you want to come for more than one day, or you can stay out at our farm (15 minutes away).

Smokeycub
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 48 F Cub #11678
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C

Re: Winter projects = Mini Fest!?

Postby Smokeycub » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:42 pm

If'n ya wernt so dadgum fer away, I'd come jist te hep ya! lol!
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley
The squeaky wheel may get the grease but it's usually the first to be replaced!

Dale Finch
5+ Years
5+ Years
'55 Cub "Ben"
'56 Cub "Boris"
'48 Super A "Bubba"

Postby Dale Finch » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:25 pm

Just wait until that first blizzard is forcast, and you and your family may feel differently about heading south for a visit! That 9 hour drive will look fine!!! I'll keep an eye on the forcast, and turn that porch light on!!
:big smile:

Lt.Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Tractors Owned: '58 International Cub Lo-Boy
2 - '46 International A's

Postby Lt.Mike » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:23 pm

If you weren’t more than one state away I wouldn’t hesitate to make the run.
It’s a shame we’re all spread out like we are for things like this. Really wish I was a lot closer to a lot of folks on the forum :(
When I saw mini-fest I got a chuckle though.
I’m digging in hard to finish work on my pickup so I can get to my tractors. Ive got to swap out a magneto and front end on my A and mount the snowplow I picked up a couple years ago for it, then mount the plow on my Cub which decided to develop a starter issue. I think the contact studs worn away.
I also promised my neighbor I’d get the Cub he’s had sitting for 3 years running, mount a snowplow and weight set so his kid can plow this winter.
Mini-fest ? :lol:
Quote by Gary Pickeral I like
"If it can cast a shadow, it can be restored"

Dale Finch
5+ Years
5+ Years
'55 Cub "Ben"
'56 Cub "Boris"
'48 Super A "Bubba"

Postby Dale Finch » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:39 pm

Whew!! I'm so exhausted just reading YOUR list of projects, I may just have to take tomorrow off from getting my garage ready to receive "Ben" for MY projects!! :lol: