This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

340-U

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

340-U

Postby SONNY » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:21 pm

well , this is 300 ---350 section,---mine is a 340-utility. 135 gas motor, useless fast hitch, power steering, lpto, AND oil leaks!! LOL!!
Seriously, I been working on it and trying to modify the fast hitch to a 3-pt of sorts just to use my big tiller on. Finally got the motor to run right---seller had put a bunch of new parts on it,---motor still ran rough, he put new steering wheel and center,all new gauges in the dash,new tach. and drive cable(tach still didnt work), new ignition and light switches with new lights. New dist. cap, points,condenser, plugs and wires.
First thing I found was 6-v coil, which probably was right for original 1959 340, BUT someone changed tractor to 12-v and left 6-v coil on it. new points were fried, new wires were carbon stuff, not copper. anyway I got diggin deeper into the dist and found the weights were worn totally out and looked to me like that would affect the advance of the thing----anyway I havent gotten my 504 engine put together yet so I borrowed the complete dist. from it 12-v coil, resistor, the copper wires, and the whole works. slid it in, guessed at the timing and it ran great, but sounded a bit slow in time so I turned it up til it smoothed out and now it runs fine.
hyd oil leaks on rear axle seals, leak in power steering unit somewhere, main hose from pump to control box is leaking( a $350. part from IH according to Messics) and a leak from a hole in the bottom of the clutch/trans. housing which I think is the trans input shaft seal.
I plan on borrowing the back tires off the 404 to use on this one til I can find some smaller ones for this one.
Pix of the beasty unit.

20210305_153209.jpg

20210305_153232.jpg

20210305_153246.jpg

20210305_153308.jpg

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”