This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IH 3514 standard transmission question

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
jc-ih
Zip Code: 92570

IH 3514 standard transmission question

Postby jc-ih » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:56 pm

I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction with IH 3514 manual transmission issue...the tractor go into all gears expect for 1st gear.. No engagement...like didn't linked...any help would appreciate it.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: IH 3514 standard transmission question

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:09 am

That is an an industrial tractor. Is it an integral loader tractor? You aren't likely to hear from anyone experienced with it on this forum. Once in a while I see mention of this model at yesterdaystractors.com . You may get a response if you post there.

Not being familiar with the tractor, it seems like your problem may be with the shifter linkage or the fork that shifts first gear. If it has a removable shift lever tower, you might try removing it so you can see the rails for the forks. Try using a pry bar to move the fork into first gear position. If you have a shifter fork problem you will probably have to remove the transmission cover to repair it.

On some models, a lot of hydraulic components have to be disconnected/removed to get to the transmission cover. Getting the appropriate repair manual will be very helpful.

jc-ih
Zip Code: 92570

Re: IH 3514 standard transmission question

Postby jc-ih » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:34 am

Thanks Jim...

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”