What is this thing on my fuel line?

Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:10 pm

Any idea what this thing is on my fuel line going into my carburetor? My sediment bowl is still in place, although it looks like a Cub sized bowl instead of the longer one that I see in the parts manual, but all I can figure is that it's an inline filter?


Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:18 pm

If those wires are attached to it, it's probably a fuel cut-off switch. Probably someones solution to a leaky carb.

Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:22 pm

Hey now, that would be COOL! I need one of those on the Cub!

Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:13 pm

I think BD hit it on the head. Looks to me like a simple solenoid shutoff valve. Probably wired to stay open if 12v is going to it, then closes when 12v is gone (i.e. engine off).

Pretty cool, and expensive, little contraption. but really simple. Wish I had thought of it.