This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Farmall H, HV & Super H, 300 & 350, 1939-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

Postby Jack fowler » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:25 am

A few hours ago, I witness something nothing short of spectacular. If I could describe in words what the people are like on Farmallcub.com, they would not be good enough.
The final chapter of the “EJ Project” unfolded in front of my eyes and it was very hard to hold back the tears.

Cub-Bud told me the fascinating story how and why he decided to do this project. Hopefully when he gets home he can share it with all of you. Cub-Bud; You have proven again “a road to a friends house is never too long”. You are a great person!!!!

Some of “Cub-Bud’s” “EJ Project” support group.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Jackf/100_1073.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Jackf/100_1074.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/Jackf/100_1075.jpg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Kodiak » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:13 am

Jack,
Thanks so much for posting those photos. I kew it would be a long project last year when I took some photos of "The EJ Project" at Cubarama 05.

http://photos.cubfest.com/thumbnails.php?album=209

I knew Bud could do it :wink: He truly is a caring person with a big heart :D If the world had more folks like him and his Dad it would be a much better place. Once again the folks here on FarmallCub.com prove they are a cut above the rest!

EJP...That tractor now hold more memories than any I know of anywhere. I know you are very proud!

Ron Whiting
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:22 pm

As soon as I refin some self composure, I will post some If EJ's history. Please bear with me, I am still a little addled.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:02 am

Hey Cub-Bud...You & your Dad did an absolutely WONDERFUL DEED in restorin' John's Daddy's old "H" :!: :D I can't think of a NICER way to say "THANK YOU" to John than with the generous gift YOU GAVE TO HIM :!: :wink:

This selfless act on his part says VOLUMES about the MAN...Bud Fisher, and the DEEDS he's done for MANY other members on this board...MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU BUD :!: :D
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:20 am

I had good help. :wink: Russ Leggitt and Dad were the extra strong arms it takes to get one of these apart and back together again. 8)

A BIG thanks goes out to them, also. 8) 8)

Also, I want to say thank you to all of you that made the The EJ Project a success. Without the generosity of those of you on the forum that contributed money and parts, this would have never been possible. Remember, I never did what WE could. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:55 pm

WOW, the people on this board ARE the best. Wish i could have been a part.

(CUB HUT)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47401

Postby (CUB HUT) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:55 pm

OK OK

you can only guess at what took place for so long :?:

I think I have figured it out :idea: ----------------BUT

SOMEONE---------------- TELL US :evil:
THE OLDER I GET ---THE BETTER I WAS

If you can read this... thank a teacher... if you are reading it in English....THANK A VET !!!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:16 pm

Guys - the H in the picture with John is his dad's tractor and is the one John was raised up with. Bud bought the tractor last year and with donations from forum members and labor assistance from his dad and Russ Leggitt he restored the tractor over the winter.
The tractor was given back to John Saturday night as a gift from the forum members.
If you did not get a chance to participate in this project I suggest you contact Bud directly as I'm sure he had more expenses than donations and even though he would not ask for more I believe he would really appreciate them.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:40 pm

To expand a little on what BD said, when we had the farm sale a year or so after Dad died, a cousin and her husband wanted the H pretty badly and since we had the farm rented and weren't using it we sold it to them thinking it had a good home. things didn't go quite as planned, they left an orange juice carton over the exhaust, which soon rotted off leaving it exposed to the weather. Then they took the head off to repair it, and a combination of time, money, and a divorce resluted in it setting outside with the head off and a Walmart tarpaulin over it fore 7 or 8 years. You can imagine it's condition when Bud bought it.

As a further note, the picture of me stnading beside the tractor was before I knew it was to be mine, I was jsut happy to see it back in that kind of shape.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Kirk
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Kirk » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:25 am

An amazing and touching show of KINDNESS. The generousity on this board never seizes to amaze me :?
Kirk

CUBS:
'49

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:42 pm

John:

I am so glad that I got to see a picture of you beside EJP.... I knew that I would not be able to be there to see it happen, but it is something that I was hoping to see pics of.

You are right... you have many, many friends on this forum, and you really are family :!: :D :!: to all of us :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall H, HV, Super H, 300 & 350”