154 Lowboy wiring

Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:48 pm

Thought I had it whipped, went to start correcting wiring, discovered there are no Lowboy wiring diagrams for the battery ignition using the starter/generator. The serial # of this machine is 011899, the starter plate is blocked off and there is no ringgear on the flywheel. Can't find a wiring diagram for a serial # this low in the 154 series, looked at the Cub Lowboy, they show a seperate starter and generator. Any ideas? Thanks, John

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:10 pm

I've got the correct wiring diagram some place. Been looking for an hour.

Suggest going to the Cub Cadet section of
http://ihregistry.com/wiring/C12_jpg.html

Then find a wiring diagram for a Cub Cadet 105, 122 etc with the starter generator. The starter generator wiring from the battery to the s/g should be the only difference between the 154 wiring diagrams with a seperate starter and generator.

I'll look more later.

Eugene

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:19 pm

Are you wiring this from scratch or replacing the harness or just trying to figure where the wires go?

Thanks Ralph

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:23 pm

The diagram is at http://ihregistry.com/wiring/k16_jpg.html However, that page is not working for me tonight. I havea printed copy but have no clue how to scan it and send it to you. Scotty is out and will not be back ontil past my bedtime (which is now). I'll have him send it in the morning. Ed

Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:55 pm

K16 is probably the correct wiring diagram. I could not get it to load up either.

Eugene

Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:04 pm

I find odd that a starter/generater will turn over and start a 4 cyl. engen... I know that the crank pully is much larger that must give the unit more torque to turn it over

Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:44 am

sorry for it being on two pages

Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:13 am

Thanks for all the help, I'll get it wired now. Thought it was strange to use a starter/generator on a 4 cyl, but it works. I've only got a partial wiring harness on it, the guy made some shortcuts and left some things out. Thanks Scotty D, that's the diagram I needed. Thanks again, John

Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:33 pm

john
i have a 154 wiring harness if you need one.
it is not on the website

Thanks Ralph