snow blade for a cub lowboy

Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:36 pm

I am trying to find out what kind of blade I can use on my 1955 Cub Lowboy. I will be using it to grade my driveway, I live in southeast TX.
so most of it is sand. I dont really know if I need to set it up to push or drag :oops: And would it be cheaper to buy a ATV blade and make my own bars or try and find one just for the cub. And will the newer cubs blade work on the older ones.
Have I :? everyone yet. (Serial Number#2552)

Well thanks for the info. Bill

Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:34 pm

I think any front mount Cub blade will work. No room for mid-mounting. If fast hitch consider rear-mount blade.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:15 am

For a Lowboy you will need an L54. The mountings are different from the standard Cub.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:22 pm

tmtractor.com has pictures of the differences. The blade itself is the same, but the mounting brackets are shorter, and the lift linkages are actually longer.

You can mount an L54 on a regular cub, but you can't mount a 54 on a Loboy.

snow blade for a cub lowboy

Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:39 pm

Thanks for the info everyone. :D Now all I need to do is find one. Thanks again Bill

lowboy snow plow

Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:37 pm

I have a low boy plow in NEW HAMPSHIRE if you are up this way matt

Blade

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:39 pm

Thanks Matt I am right in the middle of putting up a new shop so funds are kind of tight. :shock: At least now thanks to everyone I know what to look for when the funds are there. :)