snow blade for a cub lowboy

Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:36 pm

I am trying to find out what kind of blade I can use on my 1955 Cub Lowboy. I will be using it to grade my driveway, I live in southeast TX.
so most of it is sand. I dont really know if I need to set it up to push or drag :oops: And would it be cheaper to buy a ATV blade and make my own bars or try and find one just for the cub. And will the newer cubs blade work on the older ones.
Have I :? everyone yet. (Serial Number#2552)

Well thanks for the info. Bill

Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:34 pm

I think any front mount Cub blade will work. No room for mid-mounting. If fast hitch consider rear-mount blade.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:15 am

For a Lowboy you will need an L54. The mountings are different from the standard Cub.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:22 pm has pictures of the differences. The blade itself is the same, but the mounting brackets are shorter, and the lift linkages are actually longer.

You can mount an L54 on a regular cub, but you can't mount a 54 on a Loboy.

snow blade for a cub lowboy

Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:39 pm

Thanks for the info everyone. :D Now all I need to do is find one. Thanks again Bill

lowboy snow plow

Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:37 pm

I have a low boy plow in NEW HAMPSHIRE if you are up this way matt

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:39 pm

Thanks Matt I am right in the middle of putting up a new shop so funds are kind of tight. :shock: At least now thanks to everyone I know what to look for when the funds are there. :)