Donny`s Blizzard Cub Trip

Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:45 am

Donny is on his way back from Oregon hauling 2 Cubs he went there to buy. He called me a half hour ago and said he is almost to the summit (South-Bound) and traffic is at a standstill and that vision is at about 3 vehicals in front of him distance wise. I just checked Ore.D.O.T page and it said traffic will not move until at least midnight. (10:30-now) Anyhoo, this post will be a reminder to him when he gets home of how hard he worked for those 2 Cubs he is hauling. {A true Cub lover, Through rain,sleet,mud or snow he go}.

Donny M Update

Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:49 am

Well it looks like Cub Board Brother "Donny M" is still stuck on the mountain pass unless he was lucky enough to make it to his reserved motel room ?->miles down the road. Sure hope he & family are OK. Here is last highway report of where he is in the middle of.

Weather Condition: Snowing Hard and Continuously

Road Surface: Highway Closed. See additional details.Comments:

The Siskiyou pass is closed due to blizzard conditions. There is no estimate for reopening.

Current Temp: 29 F

New Snow: 6in

Roadside Snow:12
in Last Updated: 12/29/2003 12:05 am

Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:07 am

Sounds like another story for the cub stories section! Maybe we can get John from Texas and his flyin' whirlycub to rescue Donny!

Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:06 am

Any further word on Donny M???

Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:10 am

pretty tough when you have to go under the cover of a blizzard to get a cub, just to keep the 'cub snatcher' amoung us from spotting you. :lol:

Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:42 am


Any further news on Donny? Are the roads open yet? Hope he gets home safe.

Yup, mighty strange things a man's gotta do to keep You Know Who away from yer Cubs :!: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:09 am

OK, Heres the scoop on Donny as of 8:AM this morning. I talked to him on the phone yesterday and he was still not able to travel. He & family + dogs spent the first night in the pickup in "Blizzard" and then they let him return back to Ashland Ore. to wait out the storm, where he got a motel and was then able to get "HOT" meals for all.__The road has opened this morning__. I have not talked to Donny since yesterday but am expecting a call sometime this morning as planned on meeting each other as he passes through My town of Red Bluff here so I can Drool over his goodies. Anyhoo thats all I know fer now.

Here is the latest on road conditions.

Weather Condition: Overcast

Road Surface: Conditional Closure, Chains Required. Traction tires alone are not sufficient.

Comments: Chains required on single axle trucks, trucks with doubles, and any vehicles towing.

Current Temp: 28 F /New Snow:0 in Roadside Snow: 30 in Last Updated: 12/30/2003 6:13 am