This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Kenneth Yantiss 1/16th Cub Implements Replica's

The Collector's Show & Tell is the place to show off and discuss your favorite collectables with other forum members. Coins, stamps, toys, ephemera, guns, knives, doodads, etc.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Kenneth Yantiss 1/16th Cub Implements Replica's

Postby Rudi » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:26 pm

Since I started compiling the previous article on 1/16th Scale Replica Cubs, I wondered what other miniatures might be out there aside from the ones I already knew a little bit about. The two more well known miniatures outside of the ERTL world, seem to be the Gilson Reicke Miniatures, the Reuhl Plastic Model Cubs. I did not expect to find much even with a pretty specific search string. So, much to my surprise, I discovered quite by accident another very talented individual who specializes in hand crafting Implements for 1/16th Scale Tractors.

I have started corresponding with him and have acquired basic informations and permission to start exhibiting his miniatures begining with this short article.

Kenneth Yantiss:

IH Danco C-3 Belly Mower

This interesting creation crafted by hand specifically for the Farmall Cub is made from 22 gauge steel with each seam soldered together. Prepped with glass bead and finished in IH White it is a very good looking miniature. The C-3 Mower Deck measures 3-1/2" across the width of the deck and measures 4-1/2" from the front of the deck to the end of the mounting frame. A #4-40 screw fastens the mower to the drawbar. There are two blades and 3 pulleys on this deck.

Front Snow/Grading Blade

This is the second offering for the ERTL Farmall Cubs that Ken has produced. This particular one is the first of the type and hopefully more will be forthcoming in the future.

The front mounted snow/grading blade is made from 22ga steel. The blade frame fastens to the rear drawbar with one 4-40 hex screw. You will need a 3/32 hex key to mount the blade to the drawbar. The blade will lock in the up position and it will also angle to the left or the right. The blade measures 4" wide and is approximately about 1-1/8" tall. It is glass beaded and then finished in IH Red.

The 3rd and 4th Implement Ken has come up with are the International 1000 Loader and the McCormick Model 100 Manure Spreader. Each of these are magnificent.. very nice reproductions and will become highly sought after I believe.

International 1000 Loader

The International 1000 Loader has been custom made for a Farmall Cub tractor. The loader is made from 22ga steel. It mounts to the Cub with one 4-40 machine screw in the rear drawbar. The front of the loader has a small hook that goes over the front axle. You do not need to drill any holes or make any changes to the tractor. The cylinders will raise and hold at any height. The bucket has a cylinder also. it will dump the bucket and hold it up. The raises to a height of about five inches to the bottom of the bucket.

It was glass beaded and painted IH white. It has a black Internaional decal and an IH logo on each side of the arm. It has a rear hitch to pull the McCormick Model 100 spreader.

McCormick Model 100 Manure Spreader

Custom made McCormick model 100 spreader originally began as Eska spreader which was shortened. It was taken completely apart and glass beaded. All three beaters turn with the wheels when you pull the little lever down. I made a custom hitch from 16ga steel. The hitch is fastened to the spreader with a pair of 2-56 screws and is soldered to the spreader. The spreader rides on new rubber 3/8 wide tri rib tires mounted on steel three hole rims. The spreader is painted IH red and has IH and McCormick decals on each side.

International Cub Lo-Boy

The IH Cub Lo-Boy is Ken's latest creation, and pretty well done it appears. This is the first of hopefully more Lo-Boys to come. To make the Lo-Boy Ken cut the fenders off the housing rotated them foward. He then made brackets from steel sheet metal. The brackets are riveted to the fenders and are held to the housings with #1 brass screws. He cut the spindles off and drilled holes in them to rivet the wheels back on. Unfortunately, Lo-Boy decals are not to be had so he reused the originals. The entire Cub was repainted a slightly little darker shade than the original paint color.

In time, the Cub Manual Server pages well be developed with more complete information and pictures of the Implements as Ken updates me with more info. Oh.. seems a C-2 Mower deck could be in the works as well. We have to continue to encourage him to make other implement models as well :big smile:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Collector's Show & Tell”