Pressure or nonpressure

Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:11 pm

while we have lift unit off also have pulled off radiator and had it cleaned and checked due to 2 inches of gunk in bottom of housing. radiator cap is shot, now needing to replace can any one tell me which type to use, Pressure or nonpressure.
this is a 1964 cup. :?: :?: :?:

Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:37 pm

Non pressure type. Fluid will find it's level (approx. 2 inches below cap) after boiling over. This type system (thermosiphon action) operates better with the non pressure cap.

Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:00 am

Some later Cubs had a pressure cap. I haven't been able to find any indication of when the change was made. Your tractor should be fine either way.

Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:39 am

Thank for the information. everyone is eager to help outher when we can't find the correct prat.

Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:05 pm


Having fun with my new catalogue..

If your cap just needs the gasket then order Part # 351030R91

If you want the old style non-pressurized cap then that is Part# 351030R91
which is replaced Part #400584R1. If I remember correctly when I got mine the replacement is actually a pressure cap. If you want the original, you will have to find someone with NOS.

I think my dealer said the gasket was still available for the old style cap is you want to rehabilitate yours.

Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:55 pm

Jamie, over at JP Tractor, supplied me with a non pressure cap, good used. 573-783-7055