KingKutter Disc Harrow in Action ( 9 pictures Dialuppers)

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

KingKutter Disc Harrow in Action ( 9 pictures Dialuppers)

Postby cub61 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:46 pm

How's it goin' guys???? :D

Well, here are the pictures of my KingKutter Disc Harrow in action. I have to say that I am very happy and surprise on how well it works. And also surprise on how easy the my OL' Girl can pull it. But either way here are the pictures. Enjoy guys!!! And if you have any questions about the KingKutter Disc Harrow or how the tractor performed, feel free to ask. I'll be more than happy to answer them for you. :D

I took this picture to show you guys how easy 300lbs. will sink into a garden that has'nt been tilled.

Same thing here just a different angle. By the way this is my brothers garden that I'm working on. It's sort of tough to work it when you're surrounded by private fence.

And here's the finish product. I think it really did a good job, considering that I to turn out to get out of the garden, because of the private fence that's placed at the end. My brother will be planting pumpkins here,the pumkins that he chose are Big Moon,Big Max and Dills Atlantic Giant and are suppose to grow and weigh nearly 300lbs. or more. We'll see.

And here's the Disc Harrow in action. The next few pictures were taken at a cemetary that we have a contract with. What we're doing here is cleaning up along the fence line trying to prevent any weeds from growing here due to rattle snakes living along the fence line. And plus having a little bit fun while we're at it.

This is a great shot showing the rear cutting discs really trying to dig in. You can see the dirt being picked up by the disc. Please keep in mind that this land has'nt been plowed what so ever, since the cemetary was started. And that's a long, long, long, time ago. This cemetary dates back to the 1700's or 1800's. I'm not sure.

Everyone, I would like to introduce to you my Dad, Manuel. You can tell he's having great time.

Everyone, I would also like to introduce to you my only brother, Moses. We call him Mo for short. He's the one that's goin' to grow the pumpkins this year.

And here's a far shot of me discin'.

And here's me and the OL' Girl having a great time working. I have to honestly say I'm was very surprise how easy the 61 Cub can pull 300lbs. of dragging weight. We were on 2nd gear at full throttle.

And that's it!!!! I hope you guys enjoyed it??? I have more pictures of the disc but I figured that would be enough. But if you guys want to see them just ask. And I'll post them here or I could email them to you or something. Take Care everyone. :D
cub61
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Blue Knight » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:51 am

Cub61
Excelent pics. It does look like your Cub pulled that harrow with no problem.

Blue Knight
Blue Knight
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:56 am

Looking good.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop
beaconlight
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Zip Code: 10314

Postby Island Cubber » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:39 pm

Cub61 Looks like your haveing some fun, won't be long till dad & bro needs a cub too !! (more seat time for you)
That is is nice disc setup, does a great job
Don
My Ih's are like family
Island Cubber
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby DaveB » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:22 pm

Looks like fun. I like the rear tires on your tractor.
DaveB
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 01516

Postby cub61 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:30 pm

Hey how's it goin' guys???? :D

Thank you for the nice compliments. Yeah we sure did have a blast that day, pulling that disc harrow around. And I know for a fact the OL' Girl did too. I plan on restoring two more cubs for my Dad and my Brother, I just need to find the tractors first. By the way, DaveB the rear tires on my tractor are 26x12x12 Firestone Flotation 23 G-1 4-ply tires. And they're installed on 12x8.50 wheels and the wheel hubs are placed on the heavy-offset. It gives the wheels the deep dish look. Take Care everyone. :D
cub61
5+ Years
5+ Years

Return to Cub Cadet Forum