While prepping my 56 Hi Crop (another post) for restoration, I decided the project needed
a better and safer stand.
This is what I came up with.
I have several scaffold jack stands that was given to me be a local scaffolding rental co.
This particular one had dried concrete about 6 inches up from the base.
I took my needle scaler out and cleaned off the concrete and then gave it a good wire brushing.
The jack was too tall for this Cub, so I cut off 6".
Fabricated a support for the top of the jack.
Then make the plates to bolt to the attachments on the Cub. I chose the most rearward ones
in order not interfere with the hydraulic lines.
Get everything lined up and weld the plates to the support on the Jack. I trimmed the plates to look a little better.
Bolt the jack to the Cub and screw up on the jack to load it up.
Splitting stand, mounting stands, etc, etc.
Moderators: Barnyard, Team Cub
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- 5+ Years
- Posts: 2758
- Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:10 am
- Zip Code: 70401
- Tractors Owned: 3 barns full of Cubs and implements in various stages of disrepair
- Location: LA, Hammond
- Similar Topics
- Last post
Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:44 pm
Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:33 pm
Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:02 am
by AL Farmall Boy
Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:50 pm
Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:13 pm
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest